UV/Mineral/Ozone Question

svmatt

Sep 8, 2023
Florida
I am currently having a pool built in Florida and the contract states for sanitation a UV/Ozone/Mineral System. When I go out to the pool I see a basic chlorine setup and the pool company is stating: "the chlorinator is the UV/Mineral system. It’s just an industry term. UV=Ozone and Mineral=Chlorinator." The chlorinator is just a tablet holder so I am not sure what is "UV" about it. Am I missing something, or does this not make sense? Any insight is appreciated

Matt,

You really, really do not want a UV/Mineral system... :(

I suggest that you go with a saltwater pool.. It will be the best decision you ever make... :mrgreen:

That said, UV, Mineral, and Chlorinator are all three separate devices.. Your pool builder is full of beans..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: JamesW and svmatt
I am currently having a pool built in Florida and the contract states for sanitation a UV/Ozone/Mineral System. When I go out to the pool I see a basic chlorine setup and the pool company is stating: "the chlorinator is the UV/Mineral system. It’s just an industry term. UV=Ozone and Mineral=Chlorinator." The chlorinator is just a tablet holder so I am not sure what is "UV" about it. Am I missing something, or does this not make sense? Any insight is appreciated
If it’s already built and installed, get some money back or some upgrades cause UV != Ozone != Mineral system.

But you don’t want UV, Ozone, or mineral systems anyway so they saved you from the headache.

Reactions: svmatt and JamesW
Post pics of the equipment that has been installed.

Show us a pic of the label on this device circled in red…

IMG_1069.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think that cell is the magic potion mineral system.

I would not want it on my pool. The explanation of what it does is a bunch of marketing nonsense…

The device uses hydraulic harmonics to super energize pool water…

Reactions: svmatt
From the SmartGuard product website -

The device uses hydraulic harmonics to super energize pool water. The result is a slew of improvements for water quality, pool maintenance and appearance, and your overall swimming experience.

😂. Absolute complete pseudoscience garbage!! Wow. These people have no shame.

Looks like @ajw22 and I were reading the same nonsense.

Look, your builder is like most - sold you a standard tablet chlorinator, which you should get rid of, and some garbage mineral device. It’s all marketing nonsense. As @Jimrahbe said, get a salt water chlorine generator and trash all that junk they installed. Call it a loss and move on. I would not do anymore business with that builder.

Reactions: Newdude and svmatt
I think that cell is the magic potion mineral system.

I would not want it on my pool. The explanation of what it does is a bunch of marketing nonsense…

The device uses hydraulic harmonics to super energize pool water…
I saw that and it gave me a good laugh. All the fancy words that mean absolutely nothing. Our construction manager replied to me and said the "Mineral" portion is the chlorine.

From the SmartGuard product website -

😂. Absolute complete pseudoscience garbage!! Wow. These people have no shame.

Looks like @ajw22 and I were reading the same nonsense.

Look, your builder is like most - sold you a standard tablet chlorinator, which you should get rid of, and some garbage mineral device. It’s all marketing nonsense. As @Jimrahbe said, get a salt water chlorine generator and trash all that junk they installed. Call it a loss and move on. I would not do anymore business with that builder.
That's probably what we will do. lol

Our construction manager replied to me and said the "Mineral" portion is the chlorine.

Either your Construction Manager knows he is spouting BS or truly is dumb enough to believe that.

Either way I would not trust the accuracy of anything he says.

Our construction manager replied to me and said the "Mineral" portion is the chlorine.

BTW, the chlorine in the tablets is a gas, not a mineral. The only mineral in chlorine tablets is some salt aka sodium chloride.

First rule of TFP is never add anything to your pool water that you do not know the chemicals and their effect on the water. If you cannot determine the actual chemicals and their effects then say NO.

Reactions: svmatt
BTW, the chlorine in the tablets is a gas, not a mineral. The only mineral in chlorine tablets is some salt aka sodium chloride.

First rule of TFP is never add anything to your pool water that you do not know the chemicals and their effect on the water. If you cannot determine the actual chemicals and their effects then say NO.

True for standard trichlor tablets.

But maybe they loaded it up with trichlor tablets that contain copper and zinc. They are common enough nowadays and that would satisfy the “mineral” claim … as dumb as it all is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.