USPS Lost My Refills!!!

jblizzle said:
This (along with the CYA reagents) is why we recommend the TF-100 over the K-2006 ... but no one ever seems to believe us :D

Likely with the refills you are approaching if not surpassing the cost differential between the 2 kits.
It's not that I didn't believe it. I had already bought the kit when the TF-100 was recommended to me here on this site. The K-2006 was one of 3 recommended kits.

Sorry, I did not mean you two specifically, but we often see people balk at the price difference between the 2 kits. Buy the cheaper one and then within a week of SLAMing run out of reagents.

All of the differences are highlighted by bold text. As for marketing the TF or promoting it's differences/advantages, TFP is attempting to stay non-commercial and let buyers make their own decisions. Both TFP forum and the TFTests are owned by the same person but the TF kit is not required.

It just happens to be the kit many forum members has selected and recommend based on personal reasons (not financial).

techguy said:
All of the differences are highlighted by bold text. As for marketing the TF or promoting it's differences/advantages, TFP is attempting to stay non-commercial and let buyers make their own decisions. Both TFP forum and the TFTests are owned by the same person but the TF kit is not required.

It just happens to be the kit many forum members has selected and recommend based on personal reasons (not financial).
I can see the differences now, but when you come to the site as a complete Newb, you don't see it. You don't see anything in bold and if you did it would would it would be pretty much gibberish. Just trying to be honest with my experience.

After I purchased the K-2006 many forum members commented that I should have bought the TF 100 and I completely agree with them now. I appreciate this site and the people who post on it very much, and my kit is o.k.. But next year or whenever I am low on a a few of the reagents, I am going to buy the "Complete Refill Set for TF-100" (it costs $39). I just spent $26 on 3 refills!

Thanks for the feedback. We will take it into consideration to possibly update the test kit page.

As Guy said, it is kind of a fine line we are on. The forum is meant to be free of spammers/commercial selling. This is a major point from Dave, the forum owner. And yet the best tool for the job happens to be sold by the same Dave at tftestkits.net ... so how do we recommend a product and not violate the forum selling rules or have the appearance of hypocrisy???

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.