Using titrant r-0872 in conjunction with r-0870 to test for fc.

Gasolina

Sep 7, 2013
Tarano Lazio Italy
23775 galls vinyl ig TFP bleach. fc6 ( I think) ph 7.5 ta 82 cya 78 cc 4.7 ch400 82f

As you may have seen on my other posts, I am in Italy and we are unable to get any of the good testing kits here any longer. I am using a Scuba I I Photometer but seem to get fluctuating results. I have managed to get a Taylor K-2106 kit and some Taylor R-0870 powder and some r-0872 titrant but want to test for fc not bromine. I gather from other posts that it might be possible. Please can someone give me the exact details. I have tested this morning using the test tube with 10 ml water added one dipper of the powder and used 12 drops of the titrant. With r-0871 titrant I would have multiplied by 0.5, but what do I do with r-0872 to get an accurate answer? The photometer reads 6 so that would suggest that that is the right thing to do, but I am not sure enough of the Photometer.
I am using liquid bleach ( apparently 14/15% ) I am using the tfp calculator and put in 4.249litres last night aiming for a fc level of 10, but the apparent reading is 6! This is the bottom end for safe swimming. If this is the case, , I should need to add another 2.5 litres of bleach. I don’t understand what is going on And I don’t want to run bleach levels too high, nor do I want to risk getting a green pool. I should love some detailed advice please. I have perfectly clear sparkling water. Thanks in advance.

When getting a test result in ppm bromine with the r-0872, you have to divide the result by 2.25 to convert it into ppm chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.