Using second waterfall pump with current heater?

Hi guys have a question, I currently have a dedicated variable speed pump to my pool & spa running through the Pentair filter to a Mastertemp 400K heater. My second pump is plumbed for the waterfall feature and has a diverter to act as an extra spa pump for the jets. The second waterfall pump is getting water from the pool and not the spa. When I use the variable speed pump for the spa feature AND turn the diverter to the spa jets with the secondary pump the jets are fantastic! My only issue is that the secondary pump is pulling water from the pool not the spa so the spa gets cold. is there a way to tie the second pump into the heater also so I could use it while the spa is heated? Any ideas? Thank you much appreciated. Here is a picture of the equipment pad.

Attachments

• image_123650291(4).JPG
    image_123650291(4).JPG
    704.4 KB · Views: 12
Hi guys have a question, I currently have a dedicated variable speed pump to my pool & spa running through the Pentair filter to a Mastertemp 400K heater. My second pump is plumbed for the waterfall feature and has a diverter to act as an extra spa pump for the jets. The second waterfall pump is getting water from the pool and not the spa. When I use the variable speed pump for the spa feature AND turn the diverter to the spa jets with the secondary pump the jets are fantastic! My only issue is that the secondary pump is pulling water from the pool not the spa so the spa gets cold. is there a way to tie the second pump into the heater also so I could use it while the spa is heated? Any ideas? Thank you much appreciated. Here is a picture of the equipment pad.
Unless there is a separate suction port in the spa that can be used for that purpose attached to the separate pump, no, its not really something that can be done. Having two pumps pull from the same port in either the pool or spa doesn't work well, if at all.