Using Plastic Sheeting As A Solar Cover?

ForceEdge

Aug 7, 2020
Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I’ve seen this online and from there results it works pretty darn well. They bought 6 Mill Plastic sheeting from Home Depot (20x100) about $127, cut it to length and laid it on top of the pool and it worked great.

If I bought this I’d be able to get about 3 uses out of it considering my pool is 18x36

I wanted to ask if anyone has tried this as a solar cover? (I’ve attached a picture below)

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 5
Dangerous.

If it gets dragged under the water it could get sucked up by any suction source (skimmer, main drain, cleaner, etc). If anyone accidentally fell in, they’d get wrapped up in the material and drown.

It’s up to you but that’s a major safety hazard and you would be held completely liable if someone were injured by it.

Dangerous.

If it gets dragged under the water it could get sucked up by any suction source (skimmer, main drain, cleaner, etc). If anyone accidentally fell in, they’d get wrapped up in the material and drown.

It’s up to you but that’s a major safety hazard and you would be held completely liable if someone were injured by it.
Even going as thick as 6mill? I know some of these solar covers are 8,12,16

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.