Cleveland, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Anyone have any experience managing IntelliBrites through IntelliConnect with the Pentair Home App. I have no idea how to get the single colors or show colors to work properly. I have gotten so far as to getting a case number with Pentair, but I can only stay on hold for so long and when they call me back, it's just to put me on hold again, go figure. I can turn the lights on and off. I can sometimes get the mode to change from single color to show and vice versa, however, it only does it by selecting the color/show in the Home app, hitting save, turning the lights off and then back on. The tricky thing is that the single color or show that is selected does not line up with what the lights are doing. For example, I'll choose the "American" show and the green light will come on. I'll choose "Red" and the "SAM" show will come on. 🤷‍♂️ Any thoughts or experience from anyone?

TK,

The lights change colors based on the number of 'pulses' of voltage they receive. With only one relay, both lights should be the same color at the same time.

I suspect it is possible to get the lights out of sync, but I doubt it is something you can do on purpose.

Each light that you want to independently control needs its own relay, and transformer if a low voltage light.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thank Jim. The lights are in sync, on one relay, both the same color. I understand if I wanted the lights independent I would need to use both relays. Guess I should have been more clear in my question, my apologies. The odd thing is that they're both the same color, but it does not align with what the Pentair Home app says they are. For example, the app says they are the "American" mode and the actual lights are solid green. Another example, the app says they are "Red" and the actual lights are on the "SAM" mode.

I understand the modes change based on the number of pulses they receive. I guess my question is, does selecting whatever mode (ie. SAm) in the Home app then send the appropriate number of pulses to change the color. Or do I have to memorize the number of pulses needed, and then hit off/on rapidly that many times to get to the desired mode? Once I have this figured out, I can then work on why the app would say one mode and the lights do something entirely different.

Jim, with the IntelliConnect, the only option is to designate them "Pentair Color Light" which is what the manual indicates to designate. I have them listed as "Pentair Color Light." I can select "Red" or any of the color options. However, nothing happens if I change the color in the app. The only time something happens is if I cycle the lights off and on. I'm sure it's user error somehow because the wiring is correct, but for the life of me I can't figure out if there's a setting or what I need to push/change to get it work. Listened to 2 hours of hold music from Pentair yesterday while I worked. 30 minutes in on the hold queue so far today. It's not a bad beat to have as background music while working.

TK

Tk,

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the IntelliConnect.

I did look at the manual and that did not help.. It appears it should just work, I don't see a lot of setup things you need to do..

I'm not sure it applies, but you want to make sure the relay you use is not set up as "Flow Dependent".

I assume when you push the manual button on the IntelliConnect panel, the light will change colors.. To me this means it can't be anything but an app issue.

I assume when you ask the app to change colors, you do not hear the relay inside the IntelliConnect pulsing.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Thanks for your suggestions/thoughts. I agree, it should just work. That's why we pay for and use these automation devices/programs! You're correct, when I ask the app to change colors, there is no click/pulse from the relay inside the IntelliConnect. That only happens when I select off/on.

After listening to hold music for 2 hours, got Lexi at Pentair. Her answer was almost the same as yours, it should just work! She had me remove the light from the app and then add it again and said this should fix this issue. We will find out when I get home tonight! 🤞

Appreciate all your help and insight.

TK

Reactions: Jimrahbe
It worked! Lights cycle through appropriately and as soon as I heard the relay rapid fire clicking when the lights went on I knew I was in business!

Thanks @Jimrahbe for trying to walk me through it before I got to Pentair support.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.