Using Foam Gym Tiles Under Bestway 16 x 10 pool

You don’t have to put a tarp under but if you’re concerned about ants, weeds, etc you should. Given it’s a concrete pad under I probably wouldn’t bother.

I would avoid putting the uprights on the pads. You want those on solid, stable, and flat ground.

Thank you! Since the foam tiles are a little less than a 1/2 inch do you think it would be safe to fit the tiles to the pool size and leave space for the posts/uprights to sit directly on the concrete? I wasn't sure if it would cause any bowing.

I am setting up a Bestway 16 x 10 pool (on a level cement surface. I want to use gym floor tiles under it to protect the liner. Do I need to put an additional tarp or something between the tiles and the pool? If so, will non-woven weed fabric be okay? In addition, can the posts be set on top of the tiles or is that an issue? The tiles are just under a 1/2 inch thick.
I used the tiles too got mine from harbor freight tools used them for a pool 4 season ago then put new pool up next season so been down 3 season same pool still look new just drain and took pool down this week Tuesday. Make sure you tape the seams good so they don’t come apart mine are puzzle pieces and I didn’t tape first time. And no don’t use anything under the feet. They can sit on the cushion too or not. Main thing when comes to the feet is stabilizing them so they don’t sink. But many put pavers down and don’t think about the thickness of them without digging down then you are stretching your liner by making the legs taller than they are suppose to be. If you make the legs a little shorter than the rest it’s fine 1/2” isn’t anything anyway. Mine is on dirt not concrete. If you have any cracks in the concrete yes add landscape fabric after you spray weed and grass killer cause diff grass and weed can grow Thru liners I have tarp down then the puzzle pieces and pool directly on top of them. It feels amazing and long as you remove wrinkles once you get to bout 2” of water in pool then nothing to attract algae or cause issues while vacuuming or using automatic vac. Add pic of yesterday and took pool down tues. So tape is coming off due to heat but plan to tape seam again one tip get a tape gun if you don’t have one! Is worth it and helpful save so much time when taping large areas. I just used duct tape. When pool was removed was still taped nice and was clean and dry under the tiles as well but then someone kept walking on them muddy feet! Tracking rocks etx so bout to go take apart so can make sure tarp under is clean. Some go with foam board insulation I check price on that today and no way! These were 8.99 for at least 4 pieces wanna say is more but each piece is 2’x2’ and then has a perimeter edge strip that adds on.

Attachments

• IMG_5272.png
    IMG_5272.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 17
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.