Using aerator on variable speed motor that starts 100%

tetlee

May 11, 2015
Tempe/Az
When my motor comes on it works at 100% for the first 2 minutes and then slows to the programmed speed. For the daily cycle I have it run at 40%.

I have my aerator adjusted so when it comes on at 100% the water stays in the pool but that means when it slows down it's a pathetic dribble. The only other option I can see would be to have it wide open so when it first turns on it sprays all over my backyard but is actually useful when it slows down.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get around this?

Oops, yes I have. Updated now.

Is there any chance that motor has a limit for HIGH speed? I have an IntelliFlo VSP and, when it first starts, it runs through a pump priming sequence (totally unnecessary since my plumbing never loses prime) where the pump is run at max speed until the electronics sense a no loss of prime (usually about 10 secs or so). There are two variables I can set from the the front panel that controls this process - Prime Sensitivity and Max Pump Speed. I have my Prime Sensitivity set high so that it doesn't take much time to sense prime AND I have the max pump speed set to 3000 RPM (instead of the default 3450RPM) since there's no need to run the pump is hard.

Do you have the ability to set a limiting MAX SPEED on your pump? If so, you could set that to a lower speed that doesn't cause water loss.

Is there any chance that motor has a limit for HIGH speed? I have an IntelliFlo VSP and, when it first starts, it runs through a pump priming sequence (totally unnecessary since my plumbing never loses prime) where the pump is run at max speed until the electronics sense a no loss of prime (usually about 10 secs or so). There are two variables I can set from the the front panel that controls this process - Prime Sensitivity and Max Pump Speed. I have my Prime Sensitivity set high so that it doesn't take much time to sense prime AND I have the max pump speed set to 3000 RPM (instead of the default 3450RPM) since there's no need to run the pump is hard.

Do you have the ability to set a limiting MAX SPEED on your pump? If so, you could set that to a lower speed that doesn't cause water loss.

I just dug the manual out and mine also has pump priming controls! Thanks a lot, never occurred to me that would be thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.