Dec 10, 2023
Northern california
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi great people,

I am having a steady drip happening from two spots of my existing Pentair filter. Attaching picture showing you the spots, though both drips may perhaps be originating from same leak, not sure. Also, here is a video showing the leak. My pool guy says this is not repairable and that we should replace the unit. I have a few questions for this knowledgeable group:

1) do you agree that something like this cannot be repaired and that replacing the whole unit is the way to go? I've had the filter for approx 13 years.

2) The pool guy is suggesting I use Waterway 525 or Pentair 520. Waterway will be cheaper and he says the quality is fine and the design makes cleaning the Waterway unit easier. I am reading that Waterway is okay but some people say it is too cheaply made. Would love your thoughts on whether I should be paying the premium for Pentair.

I have to make a decision by tomorrow morning to order the parts. So begging for your advice as soon as possible. Thank you all so much!

1702231358669.png

Last edited:
If the leak is from the union, then no need to replace the shell. If the shell is compromised, you must replace it.

No negative information towards either unit.

Reactions: vakilak
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.