Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello everyone,

I have a 13,000 gallon pool with a Hayward Aqua Plus SWG chorlination system and a t-9 cell.

I'm on year 5-6 of the salt cell so I image I will be replacing soon.

Questions:

1.) Some on this forum have suggested upgrading to a T15 cell and that the T9 is a bit undersized for my pool - is this true ?
2.) If I do upgrade to the T15 - is this just a screw it on type thing with a simple setting on the Aqua Plus to set to the T15 cell ?
3.) I have a horrible time getting the salt cell unscrewed sometimes. I make sure to put lube on the threads each time I take it off but one time it was so tight that I cracked the PVC screw and had to get the dreaded pool guys to come out and fix the pipe. Any suggestions about best ways to unscrew these things wtihout causing damage - is there a tool you all recommend ?

Thanks,

Karl

1) Yes. It is usually always more economical to get a larger cell as they will last longer and the $/hr of operation is less.
2) Yes, the cells are exactly the same size. You only need to change the setting in the Aqua Plus
3) A strap wrench works well - Your local hardware or amazon will carry them

What @mas985 said above....
And when you install it, only tighten the unions hand tight. Be sure to clean the mating surfaces and lube the O-rings. So snug them up and turn on the pump to see if they leak. If they do, shut off the pump and tighten a bit more. You're only trying to compress the O-ring enough to make a good seal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.