Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi,

My single speed pump is costing me a fortune every month and I'm looking to change it to a VSP model. I'm hoping someone here can help with some specifics.

I have all jandy equipment and automation are attached. Am I able to easily just swap out the pump hanging off the back of the impeller? Is that even the impeller? I would then just need to program iAquelink I'm guessing.

Are there non jandy ones that would work with my automation? I'll probably ask PB for a quote too but I'd like to have a better understanding first.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230904_091606.jpg
    20230904_091606.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230904_091635.jpg
    20230904_091635.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi,

My single speed pump is costing me a fortune every month and I'm looking to change it to a VSP model. I'm hoping someone here can help with some specifics.

I have all jandy equipment and automation are attached. Am I able to easily just swap out the pump hanging off the back of the impeller? Is that even the impeller? I would then just need to program iAquelink I'm guessing.

Are there non jandy ones that would work with my automation? I'll probably ask PB for a quote too but I'd like to have a better understanding first.

Thanks

Is that your only pump? 40k gallons on a 1HP pump is really undersized. I would replace the entire thing with any 2.7 (3) HP Jandy VSP e-pump. Maybe keep the old one as a spare. Easy peasy hooking to Aqualink. I would not go with a non-Jandy although some of the Intelliflos supposedly work.

Reactions: proavia
Interesting, yeah that's the only pump outside of the Polaris booster. We do get good circulation though. Pool was built in 21 and there wasn't a lot of stock to choose from. It was more of a "this is what we can get" deal.

Do you know of any place that will sell jandy directly to a consumer?

Interesting, yeah that's the only pump outside of the Polaris booster. We do get good circulation though. Pool was built in 21 and there wasn't a lot of stock to choose from. It was more of a "this is what we can get" deal.

Do you know of any place that will sell jandy directly to a consumer?

You can get them on ebay. No "official" reseller sells Jandy direct. Perhaps you could convince your builder to sell you one. It should be a straight swap for the plumbing. Then run a single 4-wire control cable and away you go.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.