Upgrade Path from Compool/Pentair CP3400?

kbuhagiar

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2022
Escondido, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello Folks,

I currently have a Compool(Pentair) CP3400 control system on our swimming pool. It has served us well, but after a recent forced upgrade to a variable speed pump motor, I am considering the possibility of upgrading the control system. Is there any sort of upgrade path specifically designed for current CP3400 users that would introduce variable speed pump control without doing a complete fork-lift replacement of the existing control hardware?

Thanks in advance.

The best you can do is upgrade to EasyTouch. And then add Screenlogic for wireless control.
The sad part is, EasyTouch is now obsolete. So a tough choice. The current system is an IntelliCenter. But I believe you would need to buy the entire system.
The Century VGreen will not be controlled by either the EasyTouch or Intellicenter.

The best you can do is upgrade to EasyTouch. And then add Screenlogic for wireless control.
The sad part is, EasyTouch is now obsolete. So a tough choice. The current system is an IntelliCenter. But I believe you would need to buy the entire system.
The Century VGreen will not be controlled by either the EasyTouch or Intellicenter.
V-Green with Century Connect, as the poster has, will.

So, I do have options, good to know.

I currently have what looks like a flat six-conductor RJ-12 modular cable connecting the indoor panel to the pool equipment. Can I re-use that cable if I upgrade, or will I have to pull a new cable? It's a bear of a run from my kitchen to the pool...

I do not believe your indoor panel will work with a newer automation. You can use wireless control via an app.

I do not believe your indoor panel will work with a newer automation. You can use wireless control via an app.
Aha!...of course. Everything else has an app these days...why not the pool?:LOL:

Truth be told, I kinda like my hardwired control panel, I'd hate to give it up.

I'm thinking more and more that I will leave things the way they are.

Aha!...of course. Everything else has an app these days...why not the pool?:LOL:

Truth be told, I kinda like my hardwired control panel, I'd hate to give it up.

I'm thinking more and more that I will leave things the way they are.
The Pentair Easy Touch upgrade used to include an indoor panel, then an adapter to use the existing, but no more. Best you can do now without the app is the outrageously expensive wireless remote ($650-$700 with antenna) that you better never get wet. Regardless of what you decide, you will want to do it with Wi-Fi.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Pentair Easy Touch upgrade used to include an indoor panel, then an adapter to use the existing, but no more. Best you can do now without the app is the outrageously expensive wireless remote ($650-$700 with antenna) that you better never get wet. Regardless of what you decide, you will want to do it with Wi-Fi.
No question, Wi-Fi will be part of the equation when I do upgrade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.