Updated with picture...Builder wants to polish stonescapes???

I wouldn't let them polish it either, you might encounter problems in the future. If the current work by the crew is not up to standard, personally I would be concerned with the workmanship when they polish.

I think the PB is in the wrong and should either make it right or refund your money for the upgrade if you are okay with living with the current plaster. I think these guys are getting pretty busy now and sometimes they fail to pay attention to the details.

I know nothing about this stuff and I'm still going to jump in and say "heck no!" to the polish. That just sounds crazy. Why he won't admit the mistake is beyond me but it sure sounds like he's getting off cheaper by trying to insist he gave you what you paid for when he clearly didn't. Charge you for an upgrade then use the cheaper stuff? Again, heck no!

I hope you can get it resolved. I hate to read stuff like this. Scary that people can take your money and not give you what they promised in return. :-( Hoping for the best for you!

He STILL said you got the mini WHILE looking at the two samples in your pool?????

Kim, I just want to be clear that when PB came out to look at it, we had the sample you see on the right(stonescapes Mini aqua cool), and had a sample of the regular pebble but in a different color(stonescapes white, which is basically the same as aqua cool, but without the blue pebbles). At that point I didn't have the regular aqua cool sample(I just went to NPT to get it yesterday), but you could still tell we did not get the mini installed in our pool, and that what was installed was the pebble size and texture of the regular sample.
When the PB and the plaster installer come back out for our meeting, they will get to see both of the samples...regular and mini pebble in aqua cool.
P.s. The only reason I had the Stonescapes regular white sample was because they didn't have a sample of it in mini, so they gave me the regular so we could compare colors. Regular pebble stonescapes was never an option for us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.