*** UPDATED *** AGP install pics

stephanie4136 said:
Robins Airman said:
...in a three-two-one pyramid configuration...then used giant zip ties from Lowes to secure them to tray...

Bought all the materials to make the ballasts yesterday and have one quick question. The largest zip ties I could find were 36", do you strap each one individually to the tray or the whole pyramid together to the tray? Thanks again for all your help!

I got the same size...used two of them to get around the whole 'pyramid'...strapped them to the tray...hope this helps.

Bo

Just curious......why worry about having a hole in the lid on the ballast if its filled with water and it's going to be submerged in water? I think I missed something along the way? LOL! ?

Granna said:
Just curious......why worry about having a hole in the lid on the ballast if its filled with water and it's going to be submerged in water? I think I missed something along the way? LOL! ?
I first filled them with river rock, then water to make them heavier...i worried about the river rock creating an algae heaven and leaking the algae into the pool...the bleach in the pool would probably take care of any of it, if it occured, but i did not want to take chances...but that is just me being me... :cool:

Bo

Sorry it took me so long to get a pic, but here you go. :) We're loving the ladder set up this way! Thanks again for the great idea! Unfortunately we couldn't make the ballasts work. :( DH wouldn't drill holes in the caps to help with the pressure and putting them on and they ended up leaking, all but two of them.....so ended up with that darn rock again! :rant: But the steps are much sturdier this way. :cheers:

Attachments

• ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 74
Right back at you Stephanie...i am going to modify mine to look like yours, meaning lower it a couple of inches closer to the rail...your install just looks much cleaner than mine...good job to both of you!

Tell your DH that it is really simple...drill 1/8 hole, cap the ballast...then take a 1" sq piece of bleach bottle plastic and glue it over the hole with the same pvc glue you used for the cap and it will be really solid that way.

Anyway.....take care...Bo

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.