Update - Water In - Final pieces remain South Jersey Build

Re: New build in South Jersey - Pictures included

Suz:

Don't you dare! I love your opinions and love how you speak through your thinking. It always makes sense and gives perspective - appreciated highly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the pictures! My husband was home in charge while we went down to see my Dad, who is on hospice. The pool company came yesterday to finish as you saw from the pic behind the window, but here are better pictures.

Full view
bb10e8c18274c775ee693ad5ed9e6439.jpg

Deep end bench
0c5de714008bbdede1e5a565c50af445.jpg

View from side
1aec490f55c049617f30fc74420dfebb.jpg

Deep end view of tanning ledge (steps are in)
b71eaee53a680e5140f39b87cdc74b40.jpg

Front view of bench
174c473f82dc8c55f230cf6f30100d5e.jpg

Step to pool from ledge
8116fcc9dd704dad1546584dc7add61c.jpg

First step to tanning ledge
b935c278a803af9521f3f87b580bc2e6.jpg

Last picture of ledge
7d8dc0be7f2f6e5efed30d2149b19acf.jpg

Plenty of room for hanging out and some ledge loungers. Still thinking reverse radius for waterfall, just need to check into lights now.

Will update tomorrow after I make the 10 changes to the area for the concrete.

Have a great Sunday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I know from experience what a difficult and stressful time that is. You're in my thoughts.

Thank you for posting this new set of photos!!!! Your build is fascinating to me. I'm completely unfamiliar with a vinyl build, so I'm learning a lot (well, as much as I can!). Take care! Suz.

Suz I have to disagree with you about keeping your opinion to yourself on stuff. I think most are looking for different things and ideas. You just might see something or think of something they have not and make things even better or safer. Of course that is just my opinion so LOL

Kim

Kim, thanks. I really value and appreciate your knowledge and opinions! Soooooo many people benefit from you and what you do on TFP! Have a nice evening and a great week ahead. Suz.

We are finally moving! Russ and his crew showed up at 7:30, he had like 12 guys and they got to work immediately - each one knew their task and was ON Point. They were fast and efficient and very open to questions and changes and also opinions[emoji1][emoji1][emoji106]

We moved the waterfall closer to deep end so it has a better vantage point from upstairs or the rest of the pool.

We had another PB snafu but Russ helped us solve it. They couldn't find the white powder coated railing anywhere. Stated all sold out and a week to a week and a half for delivery and said not to pour. I said there is a solution here we just need to find it. He brought over an awful huge railing which I wouldn't do and we decided to paint the grab rail with the powder coated white. Not head over heels but this railing won't be there forever I can tell you that.

It's almost 1 now and they worked their butts off, ran out of concrete so waiting for second truck.

We also changed location of ladder in deep end. He warned me my returns would be slower bc of the waterfall. Should waterfall be on a separate pump then?

2bd0579f3952ccd5868053b374835e6c.jpg

b8b5af043af9317e8899f9fc5678851a.jpg

40541c34555fe7e9aac5f77d09f5bad7.jpg

c830404e467a790ded60931ca65e14e4.jpg

bdbc2363b32b62e372dee7e691233b0e.jpg

c03d8e7edd008f1177b0d5df044ebdd8.jpg

01420db4e36bc2f85436b7b1b378e3bb.jpg

d52f00e9e3283a64af036cc79fc16b00.jpg

c082bf9a7b450234aa16c268e69da23b.jpg

30a17966944960365f232b4a501077c5.jpg

21f62723097249dcfcd2077c2fd6680a.jpg

Will update when complete tonight..

Re: UPDATED - Concrete Poured on SJ Build - Pictures included

Oh Happy Days!!!! Things are looking fantastic. I still so love the shape of your pool, and the deck is bringing it out even more! That's awesome they are so flexible and willing to listen to input - especially without making you feel like a nag.

Good decisions to nudge over the waterfall and press for the rail now (and getting rid of it later.... Tee Hee!).

Is that stamped concrete? It looks like a travertine pattern! And are they laying flagstone as accent or is the pattern on the concrete actually their guide to lay the flagstone?? Whatever, it's going to be gorgeous!

You must be jumping up and down with excitement! It's so fun to see the build take such a turn in looks, isn't it?!!!

I have a favor to ask...... since I'm lazy and low in memory cells, could you add dimensions, and a few other details to your signature? It's such extreme effort and trouble for me to keep clicking back to page 1 to look up those specs! (how lazy technology makes us!!!)

Sorry, but I can't help out on the pump and waterfall question. Someone will be along to do that. Enjoy your day!!!! Suz.

I like that stamp!

Thank you, I went back and forth so much with this and the pavers but I am glad I made this decision, gives me plenty of space and money towards my waterfall!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Happy Days!!!! Things are looking fantastic. I still so love the shape of your pool, and the deck is bringing it out even more! That's awesome they are so flexible and willing to listen to input - especially without making you feel like a nag.

Good decisions to nudge over the waterfall and press for the rail now (and getting rid of it later.... Tee Hee!).

Is that stamped concrete? It looks like a travertine pattern! And are they laying flagstone as accent or is the pattern on the concrete actually their guide to lay the flagstone?? Whatever, it's going to be gorgeous!

You must be jumping up and down with excitement! It's so fun to see the build take such a turn in looks, isn't it?!!!

I have a favor to ask...... since I'm lazy and low in memory cells, could you add dimensions, and a few other details to your signature? It's such extreme effort and trouble for me to keep clicking back to page 1 to look up those specs! (how lazy technology makes us!!!)

Sorry, but I can't help out on the pump and waterfall question. Someone will be along to do that. Enjoy your day!!!! Suz.

Hi Suz!

Nice to hear from you :) Happy day is right, I could not get my butt in the car to go to work today and now I am driving my in-laws crazy. Today my little one gets to put her foot in the concrete too, which I hope she is excited about. These guys rae conummate professionals, completely thrilled with how fast and hard they are working. It isn't cool out there at all. The second concrete truck is just arriving and they haven't stopped a bit. I know I must drive them looney! :)

I think its perfect where the waterfall is now, it is so hard in my mind to imagine how things are going to look when done, and I know I will go back and second guess a million decisions so I am trying to think of everything I can at this point, without overthinking if you know what I mean.

It is a stamped concrete made to look like the travertine, but I went with the gray tone to match the existing Imperial Pavers from EP Henry. Hope it all flows when done, still have an area of patio in original concrete I will have to figure out at some point as well.

I love seeing the progress today, feels like we are in the home stretch and it is starting to come together. My landscaping is the next hurdle and I'm just starting on that plan.

I updated the sig! Hope this helps and I agree, I am always going from Page 1 back to Page 8 over and over. Thanks for the reminder.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Hey Karyn! I think reading your post this morning really got my pool adrenaline going! I've had a list of pool questions to call different people about, so I've gotten those done. I also had a LOONNNNGGGG list of house chores to catch up on - that's not happening.

It's nice to know someone else is out there like me when it comes to imagining the end product, second guessing, and overthinking things. You described me to a tee!

Your Silver Slate stamped concrete is beautiful! I really do love it. So much so, you guessed it.... I'm second guessing my choice of pavers. Sigh.... I'm just like Lucy Ricardo and always think I want what the other has ordered. I know in the end for my purposes, climate, etc that I'm doing what's best for me. (There, I just convinced myself again!)

Thanks for the signature update! I do appreciate the little things..... I can NOT wait :bounce: to see more pictures from you tonight! Don't do too much today, so you have enough energy to post the pics! Oh, what a fun day for you! Suz.

Here's the pictures from
Last night!

e7d61c6e148c0ff7df781f33d6548a81.jpg

Here is the little handprint, the process of this happening I'm hoping was captured by my mother in law- if so I'll definitely post.

691e80fd1f9f0d637cc02177b6831dba.jpg

Here is some from this morning.

908367fdb1b438e972548be7cf2b305b.jpg

a9e7fc7b08952ad4ff91cd503c9035b3.jpg

617685dc1f42ff941753cec79a134ccc.jpg

011a34315cb704ffcd6f02ac325af948.jpg

6a8633f35c5bf12cdb3225ad2326478d.jpg

I tried to get my boys to do that, but they fight so much, I was afraid it would end up being a face print with a foot on top.

Oh Karyn! The pictures are wonderful! And the handprint is precious!

Your deck is fabulous!! I LOVE your pattern. Now I'm a little red in the face... I've never seen stamped concrete being done. Now I realize those blocks were the forms they use for pattern stamping. Yesterday, I thought those forms were accent stones! I'm glad you posted the photos of the process. Another part of pool building I've learned!!

Wasn't it a thrill to look out on it again this morning?!! So beautiful!

OK, what's next, what's next?!! :bounce: Suz.

Oh, those pictures are adorable!!!! That first one of your daughter is for framing! Such a treasure - her and the photo! And of course, the handprint! There's bound to be a way to add her name and date. Her special pencils are the perfect touch. Ahhhhhh family memories! Have a lovely evening! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.