update on Slam progress

To be clear...

How are you testing?

Bleach is generally better in the long run for raising FC. The super shock you've been using is likely calcium hypochlorite, which also adds CH to your pool. In a vinyl pool, CH doesn't matter much until it gets too high. Then it may cause scaling at the water line.

You should be targeting 10 ppm FC with your testing and MAINTAINING it there if you want to clear the pool.

(continued) did not change color. It did have a pinkish hue? Added 25 drops of titrant, the water color was a very pale yellow. Temperatures in high 80's yesterday, today's temp. 68*.
I will turn on the pump to vacuum, but should I back flush? Continue to run the pump?
pool water still a light pea soup green. Clarity is better, but bottom on deep end still not visible.
Thanks for your patience and persistence.

Test kit HTH 6 way
Results as of 11:00 this a.m. EST after 8 gallons bleach yesterday.
chlorine .5. Bromine 1. PH 7.5? Cya supposed to turn cloudy, remained clear. Alkalinity first solution supposed to turn green, became Mediterranean blue. When titrant drops added, supposed to turn red. After 15 drops, light gold.
I assume more bleach is in order! How much? Anything else?

Is this the test kit folks here recommend?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.