Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have a pipe running from a Jandy valve right after the pump to the pool that was installed to power a Rayvac. That cleaner is long gone but it was easier to just leave the pipe in place and blow it out for pool closing than to do anything about it.

I am about to replace the pump and now is the time to do something about this if I want. I can install a plug in the threaded end in the pool after blowing out the line and then cut and cap off the pipe at the equipment.

Any downside to this plan?

I have a pipe running from a Jandy valve right after the pump to the pool that was installed to power a Rayvac. That cleaner is long gone but it was easier to just leave the pipe in place and blow it out for pool closing than to do anything about it.

I am about to replace the pump and now is the time to do something about this if I want. I can install a plug in the threaded end in the pool after blowing out the line and then cut and cap off the pipe at the equipment.

Any downside to this plan?
Any benefit to use the port as an additional water return?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.