unknown brand pool filter?

Jamey Moon

May 11, 2023
arkansas
I have an older inground pool. The sand filter has no numbers or markings on it. It looks to be like a Pentair Tagelus by the pictures online. It has a plastic lid on it that has a oring in between the lid and the fiberglass tank. they list a plastic lid wrench to remove the lid. my question is there a nut on the bottom side or is the fiberglass thank threaded inside? thanks in advance.

I have an older inground pool. The sand filter has no numbers or markings on it. It looks to be like a Pentair Tagelus by the pictures online. It has a plastic lid on it that has a oring in between the lid and the fiberglass tank. they list a plastic lid wrench to remove the lid. my question is there a nut on the bottom side or is the fiberglass thank threaded inside? thanks in advance.
Post multiple pictures of the filter and general sizes (diameter and height). We can help you figure it out....

On most filters like that the lid is threaded directly into the tank. If there is a cap on the top of the filter it is a Triton, not a Tagelus. As PoolStored mentioned, pictures are best. Here is a picture of a Triton tank:

shopping

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.