Unique problem - Diagnosis and Advice?

Daninyak

Sep 28, 2021
Yakima, Washington
I'm getting ready to shut down the pool for the winter and I saw that right underneath my pool pump inlet I've got a large spot of bumps that have gotten a lot worse this year and this is something I've never seen before and I'm hoping to get some help figuring out what's going on and how to repair it to extend the liner a few more years (it's under 5yo now). In ground, chlorine and no heater.

Attachments

• 20210928_154331.jpg
    20210928_154331.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 26
That is odd. Can you tell if the bumps are firm on the backside as if the ground or something is pushing inward, or do the bumps feel hollow as if it's the liner itself? To be clear, when you say "pool pump inlet", you are referring to the suction line correct?

So with the steel behind it, unless there is something odd at a vertical seem, it is unlikely anything is poking from behind correct? It would appear to just be the liner itself. Does the liner/bumps feel brittle, or do they seem soft and might want to collapse?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.