Undissolved stabilizer in pool

veazer

May 12, 2021
Virginia, USA
So I did a dumb. Tried to predissolve 2 lbs stabilizer in a bucket to throw in my pool. Swirled it, thought it was nice and cloudy like the baking soda was, so I chucked it in, and of course, none of it was dissolved. I brushed for an hour but the whole pool still has granules all over it. How worried should I be? Will the cya damage the vinyl liner if I don't brush the pool for the next 3 hours? Should I vacuum it all into the sand filter and leave it running for a week? Regardless I'm running the pump 24/7 for a few days, but yeah how screwed am I?

Vacuum it up asap so it doesn’t bleach the liner. Perhaps you could use a skimmer sock to catch it, then do the sock method w/said skimmer sock 😁 if no sock available - in the filter is better than on the liner.

Reactions: clambert1273
Vacuum it up asap so it doesn’t bleach the liner. Perhaps you could use a skimmer sock to catch it, then do the sock method w/said skimmer sock 😁 if no sock available - in the filter is better than on the liner.
Done. Well, both my vacuum heads bristles are falling out so I hooked up my suction side cleaner and brushed the whole pool one more time. Gonna let it run all night and it doesn't look like anything's bleached out so that's good. Thanks!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.