Underprepared on settings before vacation…Need advice on close enough SWG settings (Rj45+)

mentallyinert

May 10, 2023
Illinois
So I drug my feet and never set up my pump/swg timer because the swg is too good! I just bumped it on when levels dipped. Love this thing. I’ve been turning it on and off by swim load and less so by temp and I didn’t really pay attention to times. Booked an impromptu vacation yesterday and leave Monday.

I’ve got a 13,500 gallon above ground and an rj45 plus. I was going to put a dark cover over the pool for 10 days with highs around 80. Looking for best guess for run time and percentage. My guess is 5-6 hours at 20%.

Currently zero combined chlorine and 2.5 free.

So there's no guesswork, I would add liquid chlorine now because it's a bit low. Just before you leave, take the FC to SLAM level or close to it, then leave your SWG on a low % and run time with the cover on. Best to know the FC is strong at departure rather than take a chance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.