Under Construction - Tomball, TX

By the way, I grew up in the Tomball area and took care of our pool. Knock down as many pine trees as you can with the construction, and make sure you have 2+ skimmers to handle the rest of the pine needles.

Reactions: KevMo
I literally (and I do mean it in the literal sense, not figuratively) sent an email for a change request after this post.

Excellent!!

Make sure the SWG is rated for 2x your pool volume. The largest residential units are rated for 60k gallons (Pentair and Circupool). The Hayward and Jandy systems top out at 40k gallons as I recall.

Get a full equipmemt list and post it here. Someone may notice something that needs to be tweaked.
EDIT - including manufacturers and model numbers.

Reactions: Newdude
Excellent!!

Make sure the SWG is rated for 2x your pool volume. The largest residential units are rated for 60k gallons (Pentair and Circupool). The Hayward and Jandy systems top out at 40k gallons as I recall.

Get a full equipmemt list and post it here. Someone may notice something that needs to be tweaked.
EDIT - including manufacturers and model numbers.
I ordered the Pentair IC60. I will post more as it comes in.

Reactions: Newdude
Here is the list of stuff... keep in mind this is BEFORE I put the change request in for the SWG stuff. We ordered the IC60 from Pentair.

Screenshot_20230907-174918.pngScreenshot_20230907-175058~2.pngScreenshot_20230907-175039~2.pngScreenshot_20230907-175023~2.pngScreenshot_20230907-175006~2.pngScreenshot_20230907-175006~3.pngScreenshot_20230907-174936~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907-175023~2.png
    Screenshot_20230907-175023~2.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 10
You can have them delete the ozone and UV as they are not needed in an outdoor pool - and have them give you credit for them. Nix the inline chlorinator as well.

Ask for specific model numbers for ALL equipment.
Are you getting the Intellicenter? There is a combo unit that includes the SWG transformer and an IC60.

For the infloor, make sure they specify the venturi popups. I think they are the G4/Gamma ones.
In theory, these will clean better at a lower RPM.
Call A&A directly to ask any questions and check their warranty. The warranty used to be lifetime to original pool owner, but may have changed since they are now part of Pentair.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a rock formation. Before converting to salt I tested my salt levels. My non-salt pool was at 1200ppm. So only needed to increase it another 2000ppm. Hmmm. I think I already had a salt pool and did not know it.
Just keep your chemistry in check and you should not have problems.
Think about adding borates to you pool as well. Your wife will enjoy the soft silky water feel it even more.

Reactions: Taddpool
@Taddpool this post will help you out: https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/noob-just-getting-started-houston-tx.280539/post-2479713

-Make sure they don't use ball valves anywhere in your plumbing (Jandy or Pentair diverter valves only).
-Return line should be 2" or 2.5" before they branch off to 1.5".
-Delete the UV, Ozone, tab feeder, and sodium tetraborates.
-You definitely want a SWCG. I'd recommend the IC60.
-What model IntelliFlo are you getting? I'd recommend the IntelliFlo3 011075.
-EasyTouch is an outdated system. You want IntelliCenter with the built in SWCG transformer.
-Oversize the equipment pad. You'll end up using all that space (robot parking, deck boxes, future growth, etc.).
-Install an external heater bypass.
-Are you excited about a spray deck? You have a beautiful pool design that would benefit from upgraded deck materials, such as travertine or porcelain.

@Taddpool this post will help you out: NooB Just getting started (Houston, TX)

-Make sure they don't use ball valves anywhere in your plumbing (Jandy or Pentair diverter valves only).
-Return line should be 2" or 2.5" before they branch off to 1.5".
-Delete the UV, Ozone, tab feeder, and sodium tetraborates.
-You definitely want a SWCG. I'd recommend the IC60.
-What model IntelliFlo are you getting? I'd recommend the IntelliFlo3 011075.
-EasyTouch is an outdated system. You want IntelliCenter with the built in SWCG transformer.
-Oversize the equipment pad. You'll end up using all that space (robot parking, deck boxes, future growth, etc.).
-Install an external heater bypass.
-Are you excited about a spray deck? You have a beautiful pool design that would benefit from upgraded deck materials, such as travertine or porcelain.
I don't like travertine. It's way too hot and slippery for my taste.

No ball valves for sure.

We already deleted the ozone, and UV thing when switching to SWG at the last minute.

The pad is oversized, and we are pre-plumming for a chiller Incase we want to add in the future.

What does an external heater bypass do?

No ball valves for sure.

We already deleted the ozone, and UV thing when switching to SWG at the last minute.

The pad is oversized, and we are pre-plumming for a chiller Incase we want to add in the future.

What does an external heater bypass do?
Isolate the heater from the rest of the plumbing.

A heater bypass is great with a SWG. Heater restricts thewater flow some. With a bypass, you can run the pump at a lower speed and still satisfy the SWG flow switch.

My travertine isn't hot or slippery, even with the blazing hot summer we've had. Color of materials plays a factor. If you're happy with the look and feel of a spray deck that's great.

Looking at the houses in your pictures, I think we live close to each other.

Last edited:
It might be the angle of the picture, but t1he equipment pad looks too shallow (front to back). At the depth I think it is you will have equipment very close to the wall of the house. Once the power and control panel(s) are put on the wall there will be almost no room tonmove or work on the equipwmt. Mine is 4' and i suggest you go at least 3'6". You have the room in the yard.

Reactions: Brian PacNW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.