Under construction in Waxahachie!

tell me about it, staring at our crystal clear water all winter has just been a tease.... one of the kids actually jumped in last weekend thinking since it felt good outside the water would be decent (he was shocked to say the least) hahaha

YIKES!!! Poor little guy! I can't even stand to put my hand in the water for a sample! HAHA!!

How long does it take to warm up your hot tub from 40 degrees, or even 50?

Texgirl said:
Your pool is beautiful! Love it. You have so much space, so nice.

Do you mind sharing what color is your tile? Love it too. Thanks so much,KIM

:wave:

Thinks Kim! Here is the link - it's Terra Blue by Noble... We love it too. It sets off the moss rock and flagstone nicely. The brown tones are nice too. Hard to pick!!

http://www.nobletile.com/rainforest.html

I'll be watching your pool progress!

OH, thanks so much! The tile is the hardest! Oh and the qtz color.. geeze.. I am getting Gemstone qtz and trying to choose between Glacier blue, Tahoe and considering cayman too. So difficult.

Thanks again!

Tex - We picked Diamond Brite Tahoe Blue and Midnite Onyx mixed together 8:2 ratio. Our Builder made a hybrid color to get us the color we wanted.

I KNOW!!! It is hard to pick - there are so many choice$! LOL!

There are. I do really like yours. I am going to see two pools tomorrow with different Gemstone qtz colors so I can get a better idea other than looking at pictures... hoping that will help!

I'm not sure where you are - but if you are nearby - just holler! We are just south of Dallas, on the Red Oak, Waxahachie border. Good luck!!!

Thanks! We are in Cypress, so not close. I did get to see one of my choices yesterday and so glad I did as it looks so different in person.

I think you have salt pool right? I am so torn as to what to do about chlorine/ozone vs, salt. It seems people love their salt. Can you tell me what you have to do to maintain Ph etc. You haven't had your pool long enough to notice any corrosion.... that is waht I am most worried about.

Thanks so much, KIM

Yes, ours is salt. My PB said if we did salt, he would seal my stonework... which he did. My brother-in-law has had a sw pool for over 10 years, moss rock & flagstone and hasn't had any problems so far. I'm not too worried about it myself. BUT, I know some people have issues, but I don't know what the percentage is. There are different types of flagstone where some are much harder than others. I would do salt again if given the chance.

We love the salt pool. All we do is add muratic acid maybe twice a week. These winter months we add bleach every now and then, because the sw generator shuts off when it gets cold. The pH rises and the acid puts it back in check. The best part it is sparkly clear!

From what I read on here, the ozone system is not necessary unless you have an inside or covered pool. I suppose because you get ozone from the sun...? Don't know that answer. You could find people that could answer that better on here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the info on salt. I am so torn, I feel the salt water is more proven for sure, but I have spoken to people that have ozone and they love it... so I really wanted to give it a shot.. but now getting cold feet .... have 2 days to make a final decision!

How often do you have to check your water? I would love to have something less intense to take care of. I had one pool builder tell me that she doesn't like to do salt anymore if she doesn't feel the they can handle it.. as in watching the Ph close enough etc.

Anyway, seems more people love them than have had issues.... so still thinking! Thanks for sharing your info. KIM

In the winter once a week... Usually need 20 oz of acid. Sometimes a little bleach (like today..) I hate to even admit it.... but I've gone 10 days without even thinking about the pool. It stays pretty steady during the winter. You will like whatever your PB sets you up with. My neighbor has an ozone system. I never see him... but I can go see him Wednesday, this week. I'm booked solid tomorrow or I'd go tomorrow. See that little spyglass down on the left? Put "ozone" in there and do your homework! Please don't listen to me... I'm too much of a hard head. I WANTED SALT, I GOT SALT. GOOD luck!!!!!! Let me know!
Helen

@Tex.... What is the ozone supposed to do? Hey, my PB suggested that to us too... I can't remember why tho. I have FULL sun. Maybe an alternative to salt? ??

Ozone is a contact killer. It doesn't remain in the bulk pool water so it only kills what it contacts near the generator. Since chlorine does the same job and it is in the bulk pool water, it's useless to have ozone unless you have a huge bather load, such as a public pool.

Thanks for your responses on the salt ozone situation! The ozone is supposed to allow you to use less chlorine and somehow it reduces the chloramines and amount you have to shock... supposed to reduce red eyes make water feel better etc. I only didn't want salt due to the corrosion issues.... but I am really rethinking!

If you can talk to your neighbor soon that would be great. I have to decide by tomorrow as they are plumbing!

I have spoken to a few people and they really like it and they say they feel it does what it is supposed to do but... it is only 400 more to get salt and I can find out more info on salt and people seem to love it for the most part.

So, your family that has had salt for so long hasn't noticed any rusting on furniture etc.? I know it will rust even without salt as ours did some with our chlorine pool or just being in weather! So, I think we may blame alot of it on the salt when its not!

Thanks again!! KIM

Texgirl,

It's my understanding that it is not the ozone that helps keep the red eye done, but better maintaining the PH and CF levels. I too was concerned over the use of Salt, but we decided to go that way and make sure we seal all our coping and deck once a year. I've know top many people who love their salt pools.

By the way, where are your pictures of your build? I know they where to start digging yesterday. They completed our dig yesterday, but the reb guy is held up at another job today, so it may push out gunite from Friday to Monday. I hope not as there is a chance of rain over the weekend and would love to have it in before the rain.

Txsteel- we are going salt!! Just made the decision... too many people love it so we are going for it!

They are digging right now! We got delayed due to lines not being marked in time.. but hopefully all will go for rebar and plumbing tomorrow and gunite on Friday!! I hear ya on the rain.. no rain so we can get this done!

I will start a build thread today or tonight! So exciting!

Oh and I am pretty sure I am stealing your nile blue tile choice on this waxahachie pool!

I am glad these decisions are getting made becasue I am worn out deciding!!

KIM

:party: :party: :party: I think you made the right choice!! Sealing once a year, or ever few years is just worth it.... to me. I'm happy you got the tile you wanted, it is best to go see it in person if you can.

I'll be watching for your thread! How exciting. Everyone here will help you, this is the best site ever, with experienced people that can help you along.

Yes, I think it is worth it.. I am excited about it. I hope it is all everyone says it is!

On the tile.. I was confused.. I love your tile but I think it is an upgrade that I cant afford! There is another pool on here DFW build that has another good tile that is not an upgrade that I also like.... this tile choice is a killer!

Upgrading to salt and also needing a second pump for my slide is putting me way over budget!!

Have a great weekend!

Whatever fits your family situation will be perfect!! Don't trade off your slide for something you don't want... We didn't need a slide so we opted for other stuff. It all works out in the end.... no worries. I'm glad you are doing salt tho... That is the ONE thing I would not give up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.