Under construction in Waxahachie!

Thanks danpik! It will be a little bit before the plaster goes in. Tomorrow the electrician will be here. I'll have him give it a good look over in the morning.

We are watering the gunite 2 - 3 times a day. It's going to be around 100 degrees for the next week.

Updated pics from Day 7.

Electricians are here today doing the electrical work and adding the computer. Oh boy!!

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 415
Electrical work done, plumbing done. YEAH!!!!!

How do I know how many gallons this pool holds? It is a free form pool.. so it's narrow and wide across and then there is the tanning ledge. And, no.... I am not going to fill it up gallon by gallon to find out.. HAHA!

Also, since it's a salt water pool, which test kit(s) should I get? I have the computer system, but I know that doesn't tell me everything - or does it?

Last question.. I read somewhere on here that after the pool is filled, I can't used the salt for like 30 days (?) So, what would I use in it's place? I know the PB will walk me thru this.. but I have to be prepared to ask questions in case he says something different. I know I'll learn, but it's going to take time.

Thanks in advance!! Leaving... but will be back later!

I ordered the TF100 kit with the optional Aqua Salt strips to get me going. Let me know how your electric unit works out for you, i've been looking at those as well.

They will start your pool up as a chlorine pool and use chlorine to maintain it until they switch on the SWCG. My builder says he'll switch me over in 14 days, but i have read 30 days also online. I wonder if it's different depending on the brand of plaster used.

btw my neighbor has that exact same pool tile, and the blue color has a great contrast with the stonework and the blue plaster he used. Almost made us second guess our choice also :)

Thanks Martin! I'll order our test kits.

RE: the tile.. Your tile goes perfectly with your stone work. You'll be happy with your choice. I've only seen one pool with the blue tile on it, and we liked it right away. They were in Midlothian too come to think of it. (Over on Judy Dr.) We originally went to look at their grotto (under construction.)

Thanks for the info on the start-up. We're not getting pebble-tec, maybe there is a difference there for the time? Dunno, will ask PB what he says.

If you want to see another blue tile example like yours visit mountain peak park off of fm875 near the intersection fm663. I live in the cul de sac behind the park but my neighbors pool borders the park and exposed fully to the walking trails.

Folks on that side of the street cant put a privacy fence up only a steel railing per the city code imagine that. It's a really pretty pool though that the pb had to get creative with a retaining wall due to the yard slope

Decking and drain between existing slab and new..

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_1862.jpg
    IMG_1862.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 314

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you!! Our PB is AMAZING! :party: His subs like him alot too.. they give him top priority when they can. He did say we could potentially have water in the pool in 3-4 weeks, weather permitting.

How 'bout that "pool house" in the background? LOL!!! I've got to figure out a way to wall that out with trees or something.. If concrete wasn't so dang expensive, it would have gone back further where the other building is.. Oh well... we weren't thinking "pool" at that time.

Wow your pool is going quick!! You're PB has to be VERY organized to get all that aligned correctly..jealous :) Our pool plans have some similar features, I had to really battle the kids because they wanted the grotto as well!! Looks awesome, not too long!! :paddle:

Thanks arvven! I thought the same thing when I saw yours.. . Your kids will love the diving pool! My only concern with the grotto is kids/grandkids climbing up and jumping off of it.

We needed to something back there since we are on flat land with hardly any trees (now.) We had to tear out 3 trees ( :( ) So we'll see how this all goes.

:goodjob: PB brought me a sump pump today so I could recycle the water that is in the bottom of the pool to wet the gunite.

I've never seen so many GIGANTIC spiders in my life. As soon as this is finished I'm having the yard & house treated. Nothing today except watering the gunite and packing the sand down.

OMG..Spiders...oh dang! We are so close I wonder if I'll see the same..haha Watering the Gunite has to feel like a real commitment now. We have decking around the pool, but it won't connect to the patio in our pool. Can't wait to see more pics!

Decking getting poured tomorrow at 9:30am.. I'm supposed to soak the sand down really good tonite (decking) and let it dry

Plaster scheduled for Thursday..

Oh.... This is sooo exciting. It's just one more thing OFF of my "bucket list." The grandkids are going to love this.

imrodee said:
:party: Tile and coping being installed today!

Pics later - I'm on a MAC, and it takes a few steps to get the pics from camera to MAC, resized, uploaded to Dropbox, then added to this site. Surely there is an easier way.. Oh well... no worries!

Hey, what a great thread! Now that's a pool!!!! As a Mac user too, I know what you mean about uploading... Don't know if this will help or not, but I added some info to blakej's post about posting pix.... Specifically about iPads... Even if using your computer , it may help you avoid a step or two... Hope it helps 'cause I am fascinated by this and would love to see more pix!! The only diff maybe Dropbox vs. Flikr. Flikr has been pretty easy for me to use to post pix here. I have Dropbox too, but find emailing pix via Flikr is easier.

Good luck and congrats on the phenom progress so far.... Wow it's moving fast!!!

post419892.html#p419892

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.