Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

LOL most people are still asleep when I get my morning posts in! It has become a joke to see if anyone can beat me to a thread in the morning! LOL

That looks great! I bet the acid wash makes it pop even more!

Kim :cat:

Woot woot! You're going to have an official swimming pool after today!

I think so. Some people have also used two hoses. What did your PB say?

Thinking of what Kim will ask: Did you put the wash cloths and milk jugs on the end of your hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once the pool is to the top - move the hose to the bottom of the spa - they told me you don't want the pool to overflow into the spa - you want it to fill from the bottom up.

YAYAYAYAY

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Woot woot! You're going to have an official swimming pool after today!

I think so. Some people have also used two hoses. What did your PB say?

Thinking of what Kim will ask: Did you put the wash cloths and milk jugs on the end of your hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No! I emptied an ice tea jug, cut an old tee shirt and left it out wrapped around the hose for them to use, but it seems they took it with them? There's trash all over the yard, but they took what I left for them to use?
I came home early to check on progress and figured I would just put it on if they didn't, but it's gone.
At this stage I don't know if there's any benefit to doing it now

Ok, I went and was able to find another jug in the recycle bin and put it on.
The pool was half way filled without it so i'm hoping there wasn't any noticeable damage to the plaster

Oh that would make me mad. Lol. I would say something to the builder but I wonder if maybe they thought it was trash and didn't know why it was on the hose?

Glad you found another. Hopefully it will be fine!

They took that but left that?? TOO FUNNY! Unreal *shake my head* LOL

The rag on the end will help "filter" the water as it comes out of the hose and keeps the metal from marking the new plaster. It can still do some filter but too late to worry about the metal end.

Kim:cat:

Filled the pool, but held off on the spa. There's a spot that was leaking water after plaster. They put a straw into the plaster to let the water drain and then were supposed to patch that hole before filling. Anyway, it doesn't appear that the plaster was applied properly when they attempted to fill the hole. PB is coming out this morning to look at it

Meanwhile the pool is filled but with no filtration nor chemicals added yet. I am very tempted to pour in some bleach

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.