poolgirl13

May 4, 2019
nc
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We had our pool opened to a big surprise of some very green water. It is a 33,000 gallon vinyl pool. Worst opening in the eight years we have been here. Usually, a quick shock and the pool is back in shape. I have liquid shocked the pool on Wednesday and it did not seem to change anything. Three days later - Saturday - granular shock, because pool store was out of liquid shock. Nothing changed in pool color. Added three more gallons of liquid shock today - Sunday.

Upon opening, we changed out our single speed pump to VS pump. The pool guys set the schedule to run a schedule upon waking of medium, high, low for 24 hours a day.

I am starting the SLAM process. How often and how much liquid chlorine should I be adding?

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool

Welcome to the forum!
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
Borrowed Taylor k2006c from sister. Did they CYA test and got 50 CYA. I added 3 gallons of liquid chlorine (10% hypochlorite) this morning, tested chlorine levels about two hours later and they were low so added another 3 gallons of liquid chlorine. Chlorine levels look like they are up on the Tyalor K2006 test. I have the VS pump running at 2700. I plan on leaving pump at this level over night. Pool is still very green.

Attachments

• IMG_3761.jpeg
    IMG_3761.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.