unable to remove laterals to check for crack

Tere

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2015
Colorado Springs
Help : ( I can not figure out how to dismantle the laterals from the central pipe to even check if they are cracked. There is a notch to line up something on the lateral where it connects to the central pipe. I tried to rotate left or right and get it a half turn on a few but it's like there is grit preventing rotation. Do laterals rotate and slide out? I called Pool supplies.com and they are not much help as they don't have experience changing laterals. I really don't want to buy a hole new set of lateral and a central pipe. The manual doesn't seem to say how to unconnect the laterals. It might but I have brain lesions and I have trouble following manuals.

And yep the pool is green right now. I am trying to help with bleach and all I have is a pump to circulate water.

So any ideas? I feel so stupid with my brain not working. Is the grit stopping the rotation and sliding out? Here is a link to the lateral with a photo. I enlarged it and it loos like no thread. Replacement Laterals for Leisure Living 16" Sand Filter - PoolSupplies.com

Thanks all

This pool is used by me and my very very very old dog and it is his joy to ask every day for a swim and now he can't as the pool is a sick green.

Back ground info: This is the second season with the pool and the filter has not been doing well, 1st season great. I vacuum and the dirt comes back into the pool. I didn't think it was so bad at the beginning of the season but now its bad and the pool has no suction ( due to the lube not being enough ) I have emptied the pebbles and zeolite from the filter. Early in the season I opened the filter to check for leaves and didn't realize bad idea to disturb whats is working.

So I separated pebbles and zeolite and put it back together. It still seem weird to have pebbles on bottom and zeolite at top. I might have tipped it some bringing the extremely heavy filled filter from garage to pool with a trolley and thought I cracked a lateral but now that I have it all emptied I can't see a break from the top- plastic feels good, not brittle at all.

My laterals have maybe a 1/4 turn or less to lock them in. So they should rotate a bit and then I had to rock them up a down a bit to disengage and pull out of the standpipe. There's grit in there so it's not an easy off operation but not super difficult either. Be aware of any sharp edges on the sand barrel, as I recall I scratched myself on something the one time took mind out.

Additionally you're going to get the request to provide more information. Here's a link to the trouble free pool website where you can set your signature. I just did it myself the other day and realized you have to go through the website and not Taptalk if that's what you're using your read here.

Vacuuming sucks. Really it's a total pain in the *** to get started. The hose needs to be completely full of water and I don't use that plate that goes in the skimmer. My hose end fits right into the bottom of the skimmer and must remain tightly sealed and covered by water for best results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.