Ultra Frame leak?

May 28, 2013
Hello Everyone!....I just put my pool up 4 days ago, everything appeared to be ok after filling. Turned on the pump and discovered that the outlet valve was dripping...fixed that (no dripping at all) and ran the pump for 6hrs. Next day there was a puddle of water on the ground right under the the outlet valve. The valve was completely dry because the water level had dropped about 10-12 inches! I don't think that tiny drip (and I did fix it properly) would cause the water to drop to that level? Evaporation? LEAK?!!? Help! What do I do?

Impossible to evaporate 10-12" of water over night. Sounds like a major leak.

Intex is very good about replacing things if you call them. All you'll probably need to do is cut out and send them a part of the current liner. I think you can even fax it to them.

Hello...well first let me say I've had the pool for 4 years... bought it brand new and had no problems at all for the past 4 summers. I take it down every year and store it away very carefully. As Chayne said it must be leaking from the bottom because the water level is still, very slowly, going down (see pics)...there is two more small puddles around the other side. I had completely filled the pool this past Sunday (July 2nd)...now, as you can see from the pics, it's less than half full. I have a very thick ($$) tarp under the pool...where did all that water go?? Only 3 areas with "puddles". So, I'm going to drain the pool... then what?

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 49
Where the water pools is not always where the leak is. If there is any slope to the yard the water will run to the lowest point. I would first check that the drain plug on the bottom is snug. Feel the outside of it first and see if there is any moisture on or around it, and that it is fully closed. Look closely at the bottom third of the pool for any drips, moisture, pinhole or leaks. If there is nothing outside get a bottle of food coloring and inspect the seams at the bottom of the pool. Place a few drops of food coloring along the seams, moving slowly as to not disturb the water too much. Watch for the food coloring to be sucked into the side of the pool. That will be the sight of the leak. You may have more than 1 leak so check all the bottom seams and visually scan the floor of the pool. Any site on the floor where dirt has gathered is also a possible leak site and should be checked with food coloring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okayyy...so my grand-daughter (17yr old) and me searched-food color dropped-emptied pool and crawled around bottom for two days... CANNOT FIND LEAK!! ....anyway after not being able to find leak, I'm seriously considering buying a new pool...definitely don't WANT to, but my grandkids live for summers at Grandma's big backyard BBQ's and pool...DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO FIND THE LEAK?!!??...the pool is now empty...:(

Since it is now empty, get a couple of extra pairs of hands and lift the pool up on blocks a couple of inches. Use a strong flashlight and shine it around the floor of the pool and have someone look underneath to see if there is any light shining through. Also while the pool is up on blocks put about an inch of water in it to see if you can tell where it is running out.

If all the water leaked out it has to be somewhere in the floor of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.