Konni

May 30, 2023
Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It is difficult to SLAM when you have no patience! I started on Monday 5/29 with a rinky dink test kit & the color of the pool water has gone from deep dark green to just green but super cloudy looking. I bit the bullet and purchased the fancy smancy Taylor K-2006 kit for water chemistry. Here are my levels:
FC 4.5
CC 2
PH 7
CYA 38ish (between 30 & 40 but over half way)
Alkalinity 90
Pool Math app suggested adding 2 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine, I put that much in this morning and when tested on the rinky dink test kit, the color is the same now as it was then (tested just now after taylor kit for giggles/comparison to see if there was much change throughout the day.) There was not, so am I actaully getting to shock levels? I THINK my #s are okay to SLAM with but not seeing my pool change much should I test free chlorine after I add to chlorine to see? What about combined chlorine, how do I get that to 0? And I have NO patience! UGH! Thanks in advance for any help!
Oh & yes, I am brushing walls and floor & running robot to get out any leftover debris but it is coming out pretty empty, but definitely stirs stuff up.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: So you are ready for the SLAM Process correct? All you need to do is consider your CYA as 40 which means your SLAM FC level is "16" as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Use liquid chlorine to maintain that level as best as you can while you do all the tasks on that SLAM page until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. It works and you can do it if you follow those instructions.

Soon you can have water like these.

Test and add LQ to 16 as often as you can. Every 2 hours until you see fc starting to hold. Trick is to hold that level as much as possible. When the fc level drops, you are no longer slamming at full strength.

Test and add LQ to 16 as often as you can. Every 2 hours until you see fc starting to hold. Trick is to hold that level as much as possible. When the fc level drops, you are no longer slamming at full strength.
Pool Math is telling me to add 2 gallons…am I doing this correctly?

Attachments

• 0F08EA48-57EA-4D2F-8397-94C660C90B79.png
    0F08EA48-57EA-4D2F-8397-94C660C90B79.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 4
  • E10C5D2E-0BB1-4E84-A0EA-100CCB726DCA.png
    E10C5D2E-0BB1-4E84-A0EA-100CCB726DCA.png
    390 KB · Views: 4
So far SLAM is working, water is blue but cloudy but I’m still burning through chlorine. I checked my CYA and it is well below 30 ( I used all of the mixture and could still see the dot) Should I add some stabilizer?
Thank you all, you’ve been a big help! Pic for reference but it looks more greenish in the pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.