Ugh, robot shopping

Jul 17, 2016
Cumming, GA
Thanks for this forum but am I the only one frustrated with what should a simple, straightforward effort.

Ok my Polaris 9550 sport died suddenly, according to my local repair guy. Needs a cord (I believe just a new connection or cleaning the wires and tightening,) and a control panel. The robot is throwing an error 10 and error 2.)

He recommends getting a new one, he’s a Dolphin dealer but is quoting a high price on the E20 and E30 models. He warned me about the Premier model says he’s can’t service it. On paper that’s the right model since it takes the leaf basket and would help me control what’s my big problem.

I assume all robots will last about the same, 5-6 yrs? Are there other brands I should consider? The Polaris was ok but never impressed me with cleaning so I’d like to buy a better model. Local service doesn’t bother me, I’m about 30 miles from Maytronics HQ and my neighbor recently had a very positive experience with service through them.

So the updated question, if you had to buy today what would you buy?

Reactions: Newton4mark
Thanks for this forum but am I the only one frustrated with what should a simple, straightforward effort.

Ok my Polaris 9550 sport died suddenly, according to my local repair guy. Needs a cord (I believe just a new connection or cleaning the wires and tightening,) and a control panel. The robot is throwing an error 10 and error 2.)

He recommends getting a new one, he’s a Dolphin dealer but is quoting a high price on the E20 and E30 models. He warned me about the Premier model says he’s can’t service it. On paper that’s the right model since it takes the leaf basket and would help me control what’s my big problem.

I assume all robots will last about the same, 5-6 yrs? Are there other brands I should consider? The Polaris was ok but never impressed me with cleaning so I’d like to buy a better model. Local service doesn’t bother me, I’m about 30 miles from Maytronics HQ and my neighbor recently had a very positive experience with service through them.

So the updated question, if you had to buy today what would you buy?
I am looking for a good recommendation as well, the choices are overwhelming

I am looking for a good recommendation as well, the choices are overwhelming
Agreed, there’s just too many models but many are the same from both Polaris and Maytronics.

For me, I’m honing in on the Dolphin Premiere just because it has an oversized leaf bag option. That is my big gripe with my old Polaris, it does just an ok job getting those up off the bottom.

I think it’s ridiculous to spend 1K+ every few years. That alone is why I like the idea of the Dolphin and their repair facility being so close. No middleman, No BS with a dealer marking up repairs and parts.

Reactions: Newton4mark
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.