Turning a cement pond into a pool......

Jon Miller

Bronze Supporter
Mar 16, 2022
Smartsville CA
The prior owners were cement contractors with a little too much time on their hands, and a pond don't need no permit, or plumbing.....

I have since removed all of the cement, and squared up the sides. about to start the plumbing with 1000' of PVC, which will be followed by just shy of a mile of rebar. Hopefully I'll have a gunite contractor by the time I'm ready for that. Since COVID nobody wants to drive to my place in the hills of Smartsville California. The good news is that my wife got an excavator for Christmas, and I'm brushing up on my rebar skills...... Looking forward to getting some construction tips from all y'all. Jon
View North.jpg

Hi Jon. Your wife sounds like a keeper😉 If only my wife would get me an excavator for Christmas. Of course I'd have to figure out where I would keep it.
Most people keep their wives in their house but it is optional. 😀

Wow, what a view! That's going to be amazing.
The good news is that my wife got an excavator for Christmas
The OP didn't actually say she got him the excavator, rather that she got the excavator! Either way, she sounds great, and one of you is doing a bang up job. Yes, more grandkids! I could lend you one of mine. He likes to dig holes in my yard. How'd he put it the other day? Oh, yah, he was toiling away and declared "This is so satisfying!" Kids... He'll work for pancakes, if they're shaped like military vehicles.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and kimkats