sparcel

May 25, 2022
San Jose, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Exactly type of tubing do folks use for their chlorine pumps? And what longevity do you get? Any reason not to use the cheap black 1/4" landscape drip tubing - such as Raindrop? Both the landscape drip tubing and the Stenner "FDA Approved" UV black tubing are polyethylene - though it is possible they might be PE of different types or quality levels. The Stenner tubing is 10x the price of the garden tubing. Note I don't want to use something that will have a shorter lifespan and just create more work for myself replacing the tubing more often.

Exactly type of tubing do folks use for their chlorine pumps? And what longevity do you get? Any reason not to use the cheap black 1/4" landscape drip tubing - such as Raindrop? Both the landscape drip tubing and the Stenner "FDA Approved" UV black tubing are polyethylene - though it is possible they might be PE of different types or quality levels. The Stenner tubing is 10x the price of the garden tubing. Note I don't want to use something that will have a shorter lifespan and just create more work for myself replacing the tubing more often.
Never hurts to try it. Just monitor until you are sure of no problems. The Stenner tubing may be more chlorine resistant, but for the small cost to try, it might be good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.