Trying to help a fellow pool owner

So I have a friend that is just getting started with his pool. He mentioned that it did have a hint of green tint to it. He took his water sample to the pool store, and was told "your levels are good." However, they also told him he has metal in his pool water due to his water source being from a well, and not city water. They said that adding chlorine to water with high metal content can have some strange reactions. They also said his ph was off, so he added some chemical to either raise/lower.

I know the obvious things to tell him about getting a kit, testing his own water levels and all that, and can guide him through that, but are there are any specific tips for the metal issue? Thanks friends!

You have to find out if it's iron or copper. Some pool stores don't have the ability to test individually and only say 'metals', but they each have their own procedures.

So I have a friend that is just getting started with his pool. He mentioned that it did have a hint of green tint to it. He took his water sample to the pool store, and was told "your levels are good." However, they also told him he has metal in his pool water due to his water source being from a well, and not city water. They said that adding chlorine to water with high metal content can have some strange reactions. They also said his ph was off, so he added some chemical to either raise/lower.

I know the obvious things to tell him about getting a kit, testing his own water levels and all that, and can guide him through that, but are there are any specific tips for the metal issue? Thanks friends!
If the pool store told him the levels were good, they probably weren’t. His chlorine is probably low.

Reactions: Katygreys
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.