Trying to get a handle on my plumbing setup

i read further where you indicate you do have a cleaner in pool, remove diverter valve, you don't need it, it doesn't protect your pump from anything, if you are having any issue with skimmer basket area pulling water level down like that it is due to stuck wier door or low water level once again as i stated above, with proper vacuum balance between skimmer and cleaner as i also stated above properly adjusted, you will always have the suction from the cleaner to still pull water to the pump even if the skimmer is being effected from being sucked down as far as its water reserve in the skimmer basket area, skimmers that are being emptied intermittently become obvious to you when pump is running because they make an audible noise, a strong sucking noise kinda thing, then the pump loses prime briefly, and as a result the pool water level will refill the skimmer basket area until the strength of the pump regains prime and sucks the skimmer down again which makes that audible sucking noise.
the only time a pump is effected is when a pool is pulling water from the skimmer only, this is when dry fire or meltdown as we call it occurs and usually this is due to low water level below middle of tile line, below skimmer throat opening, nothing else, except a broken skimmer line to pump underground type thing...understand?

and of course your pool cleaner will climb the walls trying to get out of the pool when you supply all of the pumps ability to it 100%, do not ever do this ever it is noticeable from the accelerated speed and it's noise that is created at the pump, cavitation, the pool cleaner is very restrictive compared to the 2'' skimmer line that can tolerated being isolated from the cleaner, read and re read my posts

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.