Trying to find a smooth plaster finish.

SwimmingBevo

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
Austin, Texas
We used Wet Edge on our first pool and really liked it. It was as smooth as a basketball court and no slipping. However, currently in central Texas there are limited applicators for this and they are not very responsive.

How smooth is quartzscapes? I’ve also heard Pebble Tech has a smooth version now but haven’t seen it in person yet.

Any thoughts on smooth options outside of wet edge are appreciated!

I like Hydrazoo polished marble pool finish...

Reactions: SwimmingBevo
Pebbletec's smooth is "pebblefina" and it's quite nice. Still happy with mine, my feet don't get torn up like they do in a classic pebbletec pool

I have pebblefina by pebbletec and I’m not happy with it because of noticeable streaks and blotchy areas, trowel marks, etc. To me it looks like a sort of worn out finish even though it’s new. I know that’s more the applicator than the materials themselves, but it’s the specific materials that require such a high degree of skill and care in application that turn out to make each pool an individual gamble. A couple neighbors have the “traditional” pebbletec which looks fantastic and feel smooth to me. It would definitely be worth your while to vet any finish by seeing sample pools the applicator has done, run your hand on the surface, and then make a decision. We saw sample completed pools, but for the pebblefina, ours came out very “different” so I can’t recommend it — way too much variability in the finished product. I assume all finishes have similar warranty disclaimers for variations in the finish, but look closely at that also. Think about it in terms of what happens if you’re not happy with it for good reason.

I agree, probably don't expect a uniform color with fina.

My fina install definitely has some "blotchiness" and streaking-- but I really like it. The dark color I chose (sapphire galaxy) with the bits of sparkle just makes it more like space to me.

The feel of it is perfect, extremely smooth.

Reactions: SoDel
Either you're going to love it, or hate it. No middle ground :D

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.