Trying to close up

May 30, 2009
Columbia, TN
Hello eveyone! I am trying to close my pool, and I am running into an issue. When I connect the air compressor, the air is blowing out the waste line. I have done everything i can think of to make it blow through the return lines. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Is the filter set to filter or waste? Should be set to filter. If it is then you might have a bad spider gasket.

Thank you! It is set to filter, but the air is still coming out of the waste pipe instead of going through the returns. I took the multiport valve off to make sure it was functioning properly. The spider gasket looked ok, but I know that it hasn't been replaced recently. If I replace it now, will I have to replace it again when I open the pool in the spring?

No you shouldn't have to replace it again.

Btw, where are you injecting the air?

Did you ever check if water was coming out of the waste port?

Oh sorry! Yes, i ran it on waste and water came oit like it was supposed to.

I did try recirrculate also and got the same result. I will say that Sunday morning I ran it on recirrculate for a while before trying to close the equipment. I noticed standing water by the waste line and thought that was odd. The water level did seem to go down also.

I am getting a spider gasket today and will try again. If that doesn't work, ot sounds to me like I might need to replace the multiport valve. Am I thinking along the right track?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.