Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have gone through two "rust resistant" aluminum umbrellas two years in a row, each with the same result: Rust that eventually covers the pole and fills the hole with a dirty mess that is obviously not ideal to have in the water. I'm concerned I'm just going to keep buying variations of the same idea that keeps rusting, as maybe the manufacturers are not expecting them to be continually exposed to water (with some salt content too)?

I really like the idea of a 100% Fiberglass "single piece pole no crank" where the only thing that's metal is the set pin at the top of the pole. The problem is they seem to be made by one company (California Umbrella), and they're out of stock everywhere on Amazon.

Lots of people here have sunshelfs, so how many of you have them lasting 6+ months in the water with zero rust? Looks like this same company makes one that claims to be "rust free" aluminum pole with fiberglass ribs (search B0072BCOAE on Amazon) - maybe that's a good option to try?

I've given Home Depot and Wayfair enough money in annual umbrella fees :LOL:

Last edited:
I ised this one, it has been in the water for 13 months thus far with no signs of rust.
BLUU MAPLE 9 FT Outdoor Solar Patio Umbrella LED Table Umbrellas with 16 LED Strip Lights & Hub Light, Aluminum Frame, 3 YEARS Fade Resistance & UV Protection Olefin Fabric - Red Amazon.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.