Trouble shooting Intermatic Timer

pqedit1

Sep 13, 2022
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Surface
Fiberglass
So I have been trying to trouble shoot my intermatic timer. Pool and equipment are only a year old. Since the pool was installed last June 2023, i have never used my intermatic timer, because I work from home and would just manually flip the switch. This year we are taking a vacation and will ve away for a week, and want to make sure my pump runs for the deaired time daily when away. That said, I have the on tripper set to the time I’d like to have it trip the power on, and off tripper at desired time as well.

The clock turns and keeps time, but once the tripper gets to the position to trip the power on, it stalls, and never trips the switch to turn on the power. So I manually lift it past the tripper and then flip on the switch and then the dial turns again and when it reaches the off tripper. Same thing, just stops and does not trip off the power. I have the trippers installed according to the directions and I don’t seem to see or feel anything that would create an issue, it just won’t trip on or off just stalls when the trip pins reach the point of trip.
Not sure if I already need to replace the Timer, or what could be causing it to not function properly.
Any advice/help would be great.

Thank you

Sounds like a bad timer to me.. nothing about your wiring is going to cause that issue.

The simplest solution is to just replace the guts to your current timer. Keep in mind there are a million Intermatic timers and they 'look' the same, but they are not, so make sure you get the same model that you have now.

Let's see if @1poolman1 has any inputs..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Sounds like a bad timer to me.. nothing about your wiring is going to cause that issue.

The simplest solution is to just replace the guts to your current timer. Keep in mind there are a million Intermatic timers and they 'look' the same, but they are not, so make sure you get the same model that you have now.

Let's see if @1poolman1 has any inputs..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Have seen several problems with newer Intermatics in the last year or so. Might turn the breaker off, lift the mechanism from its mount (tab at the top of the mounting plate), and use a bit of WD40. Sometimes works.

Reactions: Jimrahbe