May 28, 2017
Lilburn, GA
Hey everyone I have a questions for the board. Here are my numbers:

FC 1
CC 2
PH 7.6
CYA 35
ALK 120

I was having trouble keeping my FC up to an appropriate level so I started reading the boards and got a new test kit, stopped using the pucks and granular shock and went to Walmart concentrated bleach. My CYA was above 100 so we replaced probably about 2/3 of my water and we are now down to 35 on CYA. I'm still having trouble getting chlorine in my pool though. Tonight I put in the pool calculator that I need to go from .5 to 12 in FC to start the SLAM process, which told me to put in 4.2 bottle of bleach at 6%. I did that, checked it an hour later and my pool is only at 1ppm FC and 2 pm CC. I'm kind of at a loss, I don't believe we have any algae because our water is and has been crystal clear for the past few weeks. I could be mistaken but I have no idea where my chlorine is going. Please help.

There's something going on to have destroyed that much FC and created that much CC in such a short time.

Not what you want to hear, but the answer is more bleach. Eventually you will neutralize whatever it is and then the Fc will hold. When you pass the CC test and the SLAM Process, you can be sure it is gone.

attachment.php

I know that is what I thought at first too. Ive watched all the videos on how to perform the test and I am fairly certain I am doing the test right. I fill the big tube up to 25ml and add two scoops from the dipper. then add and count drops from the 0871 regeant and multiply. It has me scratching my head. Plus I did this after the sun went down.

- - - Updated - - -

So just keep adding bleach till I get to 12ppm and keep it there. I can do that, Ive raided every Walmart in my area of bleach. I added another 363 oz and that brought it up to 5ppm so I added 3 more bottles. I think it just has me confused because the water looks so great I don't know what could be in it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.