Trouble clearing pool

Not sure what is going on but now I have 4ppm combined chlorine. Still showing 15 free chlorine. The water is still cloudy and I can see small dark spot on the floor that appear to be algae. Any thoughts? Is it possible that the powder turning pink in the sample is a false positive because of combined chlorine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sunlight will break down CC and allow it to dissipate. So if this reading with CC was taken first thing in the mroning, what you're describing is normal. That's why there are three tests to indicate when the SLAM is done. CC alone is not a good indicator.

I would brush the spot if haven't already and the entire pool for that matter. You don't want to think you're done, only to have some hidden patch start another bloom and have to start over again.

I've been brushing the pool every day for the last 10 days. With my free chlorine reading as high as it is I can't understand how algae to grow. The pool Is still only about 60°. That's why questioning the results of the FAS results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color is the spot? You may be seeing something else entirely. Maybe dead algae dust on the bottom. Is it bright green? Can you describe it?

- - - Updated - - -

You could still be seeing interference. Have you repeated the ammonia test?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.