Bronze Supporter
Nov 5, 2019
Cleveland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m finally closing my pool (while snow falls on my head), and I’m having trouble blowing the lines. I’m past years, I’ve connected a compressor to the drain plug in the filter basket, set the multiport top recirculate, and open the valves individually (skimmer with main and return closed, return with skimmer and main closed, main with skimmer and return closed). I’ve waited until air bubbled up from whichever line I was blowing, and then closed that valve and shut off the compressor.
This year, no air is bubbling from the returns or the main drain, and I don’t know why. I can hear air flowing in the filter basket housing, and the compressor gauge stays positive, but no bubbles.
Any thoughts, before I spend a bunch of $ to call in a professional?

Are you sure the valves are positioned to only do one line at a time? Are the skimmers plumbed separately from the drain or are they tied together under the skimmer (2 holes)? Maybe post some pics of your equipment pad for everyone? It might help.

Where are you in Cleveland?

Can you hear or feel any air from around the pump (lid leaking air) or multi-port (bad spider gasket), or valves or anywhere else on the equipment pad?

Pictures of your equipment would help...

Last edited:
Only 1 skimmer, and I don’t believe it’s tied to the main (photo attached, with gizmo installed).
I attached photos of the setup as well. Currently, the skimmer is closed, and the main drain and return lines are open.
I don’t hear air leaking, but I could probably soap the pump lid and multiport to check.
I’m on the East side of CLE, in Shaker Heights.
Thanks for your help!!B10B0604-7133-4621-9D9A-3C47BDAF81F8.jpeg107403C8-7354-46A6-8184-98ED9E72DE34.jpegD035ACCC-F75D-478F-B91A-A13C5B1845FD.jpeg

Try turning down the PSI all the way down. You want high volume and you'll pick up an extra CFM or two with lower psi.

Well, multiport is in recirculate. Check.
Nothing obvious in the setup.
What PSI are you using?
Air leak somewhere is my only suggestion.
I ask about where in Cleveland because I'm out near Ashtabula. You may come and get my Cyclone if you can't figure it out (about hr drive). PM me if you need it.
Ugh.. @Newdude beat me to it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude
I’ll give a vote for the cyclone. Was able to close my pool today in about 20 minutes. My son enjoyed the geysers so much he wanted me to do them again. 🤣 Make sure the filter drain plug is tight along with the pump plugs. Those fooled me for a sec on why some returns weren’t blowing.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.