Tropics blue stonescapes

Nvp5355

Apr 3, 2024
houston
Hi all! So we are about to start a new pool build and Nobody tells you the difficulties in trying to pick a plaster color! I’m interested in tropics blue stonescapes, however my pool builder has never used that color. This is sorta far fetched but does anyone live in the Houston Texas area that has a tropics blue stonescapes pool that wouldn’t mind an in person visit?! Unfortunately I’m finding that pictures and videos just don’t show the true color and don’t want to end up making a $$$$ mistake😳

Probably not what you want to hear but my spouse was down to 6 shades of blue and came to realization that it probably doesn’t matter because once water is in it, then how the sun hits it throughout the day that the “perfect” color is not obtainable. Pick the color you like best. Get a sample of each variation and go to a friend’s pool. Put the samples at varying depths such as on the 2nd step, then the 3rd step then at 4ft on the bottom, and see which you like from different angles.
At the end of the day - it will look beautiful. The most important decisions are if you want a dark or light color, then do you want green or blue, etc. Then pick several shades of what you like and go to a friend’s pool with the samples.

@kimkats may have some optional advice.