Tristar SP32900VSP communication error and keeps shutting off immediately when starting on OmniLogic PL

Ritt85

Dec 10, 2022
League City, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Just switched from Goldline AquaPlus to OmniLogic PL using the Tristar SP32900VSP filter pump. The controller finds the HUA, but when I go to start the pump, it kicks on and then almost immediately shuts down. Only after resetting breaker can I turn the pump back on only for it to shut back down.

Once it kicks off, I get the following error: MSP_DEV_COMM_LOSS,Comm Loss Device: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx HUA:VSP.

Back story, on the Goldline AquaPlus system, we had a freeze in South-East Texas and both Aux 1 (waterfall pump) and Filter Pump were running in freeze protect mode. Randomly the aux 1 pump kept shutting down and starting back up. Then as time progressed the display board said comm error. I reset everything and then the controller started resetting itself and would not stay on for more than a few seconds. I then shut everything down, drained the pool equipment and waited for the freeze to pass. Started back up and controller was doing same thing. Took this opportunity to upgrade to the OmniLogic PL.

Anyone have this happen to them or know the potential cause? I have a technician coming out tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some resolution as i have been dealing with this for >1 week now.

Welcome to TFP.

Who installed the OmniPL?

Reset the breaker to what? OmniPL or Tristar pump?

**Solved** Tech came out and basically connected both red wires on the filter pump with each respective blue wire to ensure constant power to the pump from the breaker (both red and blue on Line in and both for Load out). Not sure why it has worked up to this point without any issues, but this definitely fixed it.
I installed the OmniLogic myself and it was really easy....essentially plug and play, snip a few wires and combine.

One last thing to note is the com wire is pinched and could be part of the problem and he left me a new wire in case I wanted to run it.

Attachments

• OmniLogic.jpg
    OmniLogic.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.