Trichlor in a spa floater

Gregoryd

Jun 14, 2023
Mi
Alright so after watching water chemistry 101 on YouTube posted by HTU I figured I would try the technique. Trichlor is rather acidic but if you keep your alkaline in the 120s things should work out pretty good. So what I did was used my old spa frog silver floater cartridge and used a drill to hollow down a chlorox 3” true blue Trichlor tablet to insert into the floater. I keep the dial release gauge completely closed and normally have a chlorine level of 1-2ppm. Curious if any others have tried this but so far HTU is spot on with the video of how this method can be used. I also keep the blue mineral floater twistlocked with the chlorine floater and seems to work

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ngsm13
Alright so after watching water chemistry 101 on YouTube posted by HTU I figured I would try the technique. Trichlor is rather acidic but if you keep your alkaline in the 120s things should work out pretty good. So what I did was used my old spa frog silver floater cartridge and used a drill to hollow down a chlorox 3” true blue Trichlor tablet to insert into the floater. I keep the dial release gauge completely closed and normally have a chlorine level of 1-2ppm. Curious if any others have tried this but so far HTU is spot on with the video of how this method can be used. I also keep the blue mineral floater twistlocked with the chlorine floater and seems to work nicely.
Those “blue” pucks are adding copper to your water and will eventually stain the finish once it gets high enough. Best not to use them.

See here for TFP’s recommendations which are probably nothing like HTU.

Last edited:
I tell my customers if they want to see alot more of me all they have to do is put in a trichlor floater.
Dichlor/bleach is the way to go. I like "mineral purifiers" and ozone on a 24/7 system, but they are not necessary just nice to have.
Do not drill, grind, sand, or otherwise powder a chlorine tablet. Chlorine powder is chemical warfare.

Reactions: Oly
I tell my customers if they want to see alot more of me all they have to do is put in a trichlor floater.
Dichlor/bleach is the way to go. I like "mineral purifiers" and ozone on a 24/7 system, but they are not necessary just nice to have.
Do not drill, grind, sand, or otherwise powder a chlorine tablet. Chlorine powder is chemical warfare.
What’s this bleach and dichlor you speak of?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.