Travertine Pavers - with pits and chipped

May 6, 2023
Frisco, Texas
Pool Size
Our Pool is under construction. The PB installed travertine paver decking a week ago. I see quite a few pavers with Pits and chipped corners etc.
I know natural stone varies in texture and color, trying to figure out what is a defect vs a feature of a natural stone deck. ON some of these pavers with the coarse spots - I can use my finger nail to dig thru.
I think all of these are defects, but wanted to check with the group here.

Thanks
Chandra

IMG_6816.jpgIMG_6817.jpgIMG_6818.jpgIMG_6819.jpgIMG_6820.jpgIMG_6822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chipped is exactly that, as for the pits, travertine is a natural stone with fiber pores. If it isn't sealed, you can feel it. You have tumbled stone in where the corners broke off when being rounded. IMO.

When can one be considered a defective stone and ask the pool builder to replace it?
When you didn't pay the 'scratch and dent' price, and instead paid the quality material price.

Make them come explain why you paid top dollar for every blemish you can find. You may not win them all and some may be considered acceptable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.