Touch up hydrazzo finish?

jaycee1

Jan 26, 2023
Florida
My 6 year old pool has a nice Hydrazzo pacifica blue finish, but the hydrazzo on the two pool steps is getting big pitting because the spa waterfall pours onto the steps and I guess it is eroding the hydrazzo there, but only on the two steps. Is this something that I can fix myself? I'm thinking to drain the pool, pressure wash and acid wash the steps, then putting a coat of the same hydrazzo material and polishing it. It doesn't seem to me that it would be very hard to do, but of course my worry would be that the new hydrazzo would bond well to the old. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?

My 6 year old pool has a nice Hydrazzo pacifica blue finish, but the hydrazzo on the two pool steps is getting big pitting because the spa waterfall pours onto the steps and I guess it is eroding the hydrazzo there, but only on the two steps. Is this something that I can fix myself? I'm thinking to drain the pool, pressure wash and acid wash the steps, then putting a coat of the same hydrazzo material and polishing it. It doesn't seem to me that it would be very hard to do, but of course my worry would be that the new hydrazzo would bond well to the old. Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?
Acid washing the steps will reduce their overall life span of the finish somewhat. So be careful doing that.

My pool is looking great except for the steps where a waterfall has eroded the hydrazzo away.
I would like to find somewhere that will sell just a bag or two of hydrazzo azur. I'm sure I can recoat the two steps myself but nobody wants to sell me just a few bags of material? Any ideas where I might source some? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Make friends with a pool builder in your area and see what they say. They might help you get some if you throw them some extra green backs.

I will also say the color will NOT match and it will look like a patch. One thing you can do is do the all of the steps so it looks like you meant to do it.

I will also say the color will NOT match and it will look like a patch. One thing you can do is do the all of the steps so it looks like you meant to do it.
GREAT idea!!!! No, no. That's not a patch. Those are accent stairs. (y)

Do you understand the mixing, application, and polishing methods for Hydrazoo?

Who is going to apply it if you get a bag?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.