TOTAL NEWBIE - intex metal frame pool setup (tips/pointers/etc)

Well, hubby woke up right as I was getting ready to leave and he went to the barn lot with me. As soon as we got there, a farm hand came out of the barn and said, "I can help right now." So he loaded the sand in the dump trunk and dumped it for us in about 10 minutes!

SO THANKFUL!

We got it all spread and will level tomorrow.

I made him some no bake/chewie charlies/preacher cookies as soon as we got home and my husband is going to pay him tomorrow for helping us out.

Also - my kids are 3 and 11 months…so….the three year old "kinda" helps. haha And sometimes he just throws sand from his shovel into your ear accidentally. 50/50 chance :-D

Hope it's okay if I keep updating this thread.

If not, just let me know!!

The leveling is almost finished. We think the pool is going up tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous! haha

e8qw4i.jpg

Update away, how was the 2x4 method? What kind of sand did u use?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have zero knowledge about the sand. My pop picked it up for me in his dump trunk. It was at the same place he buys his gravel so I am sure it was about the cheapest you can get.

It was actually too much sand. Had to shovel some out into the wheel barrow. But I would rather have too much than too little.

2x4 method was slow but I can't imagine I would have access to do it any other way better. I did most of it alone while my husband finished weed eating. Then he helped. It was still very slow. Mainly because of how much sand we have really.

Can't wait to see it finished! 3 year olds are so much fun. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool is up and landscaping almost finished. I still have to put up some more reed fencing around it. We have had a few leaks in the tubes of the filter. But we've gotten them all taken care of, except one…have to work on that this evening.

But here it is! I'm very pleased. My kids LOVE it. The three year old is obsessed and my almost 1 year old was splashing like it was his job yesterday.

10dsia1.jpg

Oh wow that reed looks really nice on the pool wall. How did you get it to stay on?

You're hubby will love the pool. Mine didn't even want it but that's all he does on his down time is float! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.