Ton of rain today + debris

jblizzle said:
No ... a ppm is a ppm.
The SWG can be run at lower FC levels due to a few reasons, the biggest is the harsh environment within the cell.

Here is a better answer from Chem Geek. I think y_not's post was just not stated clearly.
still-learning-about-chems-fc-cya-t67858.html#p559407

Sorry jblizzle, I know that, I was trying to horribly over simplify it and keep it brief to avoid confusion.
I thought I had a post like that bookmarked, but couldn't quickly find it when the reference was asked for. Thanks for the link!
Very much appreciated. :goodjob:

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!

Looks promising :)

CYA remeasured, came out to be 55-60 after a few backwashes, so stepping down to 24ppm.
Still have a way to go, and I have the wife putting in a few bottles during the day, still losing quite a bit during the day. If one bottle is about 3ppm, and she put in 2 today, and it measured 11.5 tonight means it would have gotten down to 5 if she hadn't put anything in.

Will be happy when I'm not buying 10 bottles a day in this thing.

Attachments

• PoolRecovertyInOneWeek.png
    PoolRecovertyInOneWeek.png
    482.3 KB · Views: 58
I'd be afraid of the FC falling below the line during the day, which could allow a setback... not necessarily causing an outbreak, but slowing the process down. Falling below the line (minimum FC) is what probably set this thing off to begin with.

Keeping your FC as close to target, day and night, is great! Keep SLAMing!

SLAM.gif

Was beginning to wonder if the fever would break, but Finally only dropped one ppm overnight. I've been putting 10 bottles of 121 ounce 8.25% bleach in the last several days.

Two days ago I took the ladders out make sure nothing inside the pipes with contributing to this problem. Going to bleach the rubber end caps and inside the pipes to make sure.

The past few days I only lost 2.5 overnight but I would almost lose all of it if I didn't put any mire in during the day. Will keep an eye on the level throughout the day today.

Had to fill it back up a little bit so I'll measure the stabilizer level again here shortly and see where I need to be.

Here's a pic of the deep end
anupu5ez.jpg

amyvyqa8.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.