Gold Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
Lodi Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It is interior installation day. Read everything here on the interior installation, spoke with the supervisor, he speaks spanish but I think he understood about limited water and no water troweling. Anyways here we go .... Wish us luck!pool interior install 2.jpegpool interior install 13.jpegimage1 - Copy.jpegimage0 - Copy.jpegpool interior install 16.jpegpool interior install 17.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude and CVAL44
Hope not too late to review the following
Day of Plaster

• Clean up around the pool area the day before - brush any dirt/mud or debris that could be tracked into the pool during or after plaster
  • Verify that the bags of plaster are the proper type and color you selected on morning of plaster.
  • Take a sample of the mixture when they are applying it to the pool by pouring some in a small clear plastic cup (good for reference later)
  • Do they have all the proper return nozzles and drain covers (type and color) to place after plaster installed
  • Have you tested your fill water? Are you filling with softened water or regular tap water?
  • Have your hose ready (and clean) as it will be laying in the pool.
  • Tie a sock or cloth around the nozzle so it does not sit on the plaster.
  • Put the end of the hose at the lowest part of the pool to avoid channeling in the new plaster. Also, consider tying a plastic jug to the nozzle such that it will float up as the water rises.
  • Ensure you take note (or a picture) of your water meter reading before you start to fill
  • Be prepared to take note of your water meter as the pool reaches certain levels, i.e bottom of bottom step, top of bottom step, etc. (it helps in the future to know volume of your pool at certain levels - should you ever have to drain portion of it)
  • Plan to set an alarm every 4 hours (or so) to ensure hose is still in pool, no debris blew into pool, etc.
  • Do NOT stop the flow of water once the pool starts filling as doing so could cause a ring on the new plaster.
  • Take a picture of any chemicals they bring on site that they plan to dump in when they start to add water to pool
  • Continue to fill pool to center of water tile or center of skimmer. Take picture of water meter at end of fill. Subtract the starting meter reading to give you the total volume of pool and can subtract approximately 80 gals per person to account for bath water, washing, dishwasher, etc. while pool was filling.
  • Get clear instructions from PB as what to do the day the pool is full - how often to brush, will the pump be turned on, etc.
  • Define with PB when he will be back out to set up water chemistry.

Reactions: Newdude
Thanks Herman,
Yes I was prepared.
washed the deck prior to the start.
Plaster is correct
tested fill water last week
No black hoses for fill, other hoses are ready
Acid wash tomorrow
and the meter is ready for the photo.

All because of allot of reading and getting questions answered from all of you, Thanks TFP

If you see all the Mod edits, that's just me fixing your pictures. You did nothing wrong. :)

You can upload them to the post yourself after you attach them.

Click here

Screenshot_20221028-162255_Chrome.jpg

Then click here and the pic posts in the thread nice and clear.

Screenshot_20221028-162300_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: titleistseemore

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have one more for your handy list of precheck items.

- If you have a in floor cleaning system be sure to count all of the heads ahead of time and confirm they're all showing before they finish the plaster.

Ask me how I know that one... 🤬

Thanks Rich,
Just counted and verified off of my pictures and we are to go, Thanks again,
any more advice keep it coming

They placed sheet rolled plastic on the bottom of the pool, my guess is to make any water from the cleaning goes straight to the pump they have at the bottom of the pool pumping water out. Included the color of the interior which is Laguna. Also my middle son wasn't feeling well today, He is here with me supervising. Must have caught "Poolitis"pool interior install 26.jpegpool interior install 25.jpeg

They are using a light mist of water to wash down and expose the finish which is Micro Fusion. On the Cabo shelf, they use a blower to push the water to the pool which hits the plastic sheet and then to the pump to pump out to the water holding box in my driveway. pool interior install 27.jpegpool interior install 28.jpegpool interior install 29.jpegpool interior install 30.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude
I might be the pickiest person for this crew, when I walk out to the pool, one of the crew members asks me what I see so they can jump on it ... Some areas still a little too wet for final trowel work

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Also got my cup of the mix for future in case there is one. I didn't have paper cup as suggested so I used a plastic cup. I took out the little water that was on top after I took the photo.pool interior install 33.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.