TO Seal or NOT to Seal Marble Decking

MJLF

Mar 10, 2023
Spring, TX
Hi All,
We are in the building process, and have gone with an aqua gray marble for coping and decking. I have been lurking around trying to find out the answer, and my gut is telling me to seal it - but figured I'd ask anyways. Our builder said it's "up to us" if we want to seal it, and that we would have to reseal it every year. Our backyard does not have any trees, but the other side of our fence line is basically a forest just waiting to trash our pool deck. I did read that someone sealed their deck (ours is very light in color) and that it turned their marble yellow. I want to avoid that at all costs. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hi All,
We are in the building process, and have gone with an aqua gray marble for coping and decking. I have been lurking around trying to find out the answer, and my gut is telling me to seal it - but figured I'd ask anyways. Our builder said it's "up to us" if we want to seal it, and that we would have to reseal it every year. Our backyard does not have any trees, but the other side of our fence line is basically a forest just waiting to trash our pool deck. I did read that someone sealed their deck (ours is very light in color) and that it turned their marble yellow. I want to avoid that at all costs. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Marble is pretty porous so I’d think it’s almost required to seal it.

Reactions: MJLF
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.